If you have been charged with an offense in Austin, it is imperative to make the correct choice when it comes to hiring a lawyer. This is because; having the right person on your side from the start can increase the chances of winning the case or reduce the charges says Bobby Salehi Houston Tx. But it is actually challenging to get the right Austin criminal defense attorney. There are a lot of things to consider for different situations.
Here, are some questions you should ask a lawyer before hiring:
- Ask for certification – It is crucial to hire a board certified lawyer. This is because a board-certified attorney knows criminal cases and can handle more efficiently. Moreover, a certified attorney has tried a lot of cases.
- Ask about jury trials – If you do not want to go to trial, you will want an attorney who has tried loads of jury trials. Prosecutor makes appeal offers based on what consequence the prosecutor thinks he can obtain if he tries the case to judges. Therefore, ask an attorney before hiring how many trials he/she has tried in the past three years. This will help you decide whether to hire or not suggest Bobby Salehi Houston Tx.
- Have you worked as a prosecutor – The question, why to hire a criminal lawyer who used to work as a prosecutor is rendering in your mind. Well there are a lot of reasons such as:
- It is always good to have somebody in your defense who knows what attack to expect.
- Former prosecutors usually have more trial experience.
- An individual who has worked as a prosecutor has credibility with current prosecutors.
- You will handle the case yourself or send someone else – It is always necessary to ask a criminal defense attorney he/she will work on your case or anyone else. This is because why to hire a criminal defense lawyer who is not going to work on your case himself/herself.
- Have you handled DWI cases – Actually, breathe test cases are technical. But no worries! There are a lot of technicalities who have many years experience with DWI cases. Hence, hire one who has tried a breath test case and won it.
No one wants their case go to trial. And only a criminal defense lawyer who has jury trial experience can help you say Bobby Salehi Houston Tx. Hence, follow the above tips if you are looking for someone to represent you in the court.