Dr Arnold Nerenberg
Coming to the internet! It is awash with amateur psychology tips. From ludicrous, life-affirming self-help mumbo-jumbo to beginner-level hypnotherapy, a lot of which can be overlooked easily and safely.
Simultaneously, there are some basic psychological and sociological truths that are not only reasonable. But also makes you amaze upon hearing – as you’ve known all along.
In case, there is a lack of relevant psychologist qualification, Dr. Arnold Nerenberg has made some observations over the years that can help you work, rest and play with more confidence.
- At the time of introduction, make an observation of someone’s eye color. The observation is very helpful in attaining an optimum amount of eye contact with others, which they find friendly and confident.
- The clearest memory of first and last thing people capture in their mind. However, the middle one becomes a vague blur. Appearing in an interview is one of the finest examples If you`re appearing in the interview – try to be the first or last candidate through the door.
- The best insight of people`s thinking is their feet. Dr. Arnold P. Nerenberg described with a beautiful example, if you approach two people talking and they move their torso for you, but not their feet, they’d prefer you leave them alone. Likewise, if you’re talking about someone and their feet are pointing away from you, they want to escape.
- When laughter breaks out in a group of people, each one will instinctively glance at whichever another individual they feel closest to in that group. This is a good way of spotting who is secretly sleeping together at work.
- Similar to therapists worth their fee, think of the power of silence. In case, someone gives an unacceptable answer to a question, stay quiet and keep eye contact, they will usually feel pressured to keep talking and reveal more.
- In scenarios, if someone is going to rail against you in a discussion, deliberately sit right next to them. The closeness is likely to make them feel uncomfortable with being aggressive, while you will be having a stressfree time of it.
- The hardest though is, when you remember the name of someone when you meet them, but also intensely pronounce their name in the subsequent conversation. This will make them terribly charming and wonderful.
- A way of building up trust is when you interact with people and copy their body language. Just be subtle about it.
- Rather than the people themselves, keep your gaze on the gaps between people while walking through a crowd.
- Things that cause adrenaline such as roller coasters, horror films, getting mugged is helpful in simulating arousal in the brain while making people think they are enjoying your company.
- Rather than a cold one, a warm handshake makes you far more attractive to people. The conclusion here is invest in some gloves.
- One of the best ways to learn is – Be an Educator. to Teach. Whenever, you acquire a new skill, bore someone else with it at the first opportunity you get, “Dr. Arnold Nerenberg”.