It is illegal to drive a vehicle in a public place while intoxicated in the state of Texas. Furthermore, the sentences of a DWI conviction are based on the number of earlier wrongdoings on your record says Bobby Salehi Houston Tx. However, even if this is your first time being in prison for drunk driving, you shouldn’t go into this condition expecting easygoingness. A first driving while intoxicated felony may result in the numeral of severe penalties, including trial, fines, and a perched driver’s license. For this reason, it’s imperative to work with an Austin criminal defense lawyer who can protect you against this severe charge.
Here are the penalties for driving while intoxicated in Austin:
Penalties for a First Time criminal – An individual who has never been condemned of a DWI before may face the combination of below-mentioned penalties:
- A fine of less than $2,00
- Prison time for approximately 72 hours to six months
- Society services time of a minimum 24 hours and a maximum 100 hours
- Potentially needed to go to addiction dealing, fit a deep lung air gadget on a vehicle, or pay compensation for harm.
Penalties for a Second Time criminal – A wrongdoer who has been found guilty of a DWI prior may countenance the combinations of below consequences shared by Bobby Salehi Houston Tx:
- A fine of less than $4,000
- Prison time of about 72 hours to one year
- The community service time of minimum 80 hours and a maximum 200 hours
- A deep air lung machine will be fitted on the vehicle during the trial
- License postponement for between 180 days and 2 years.
Penalties for a Third Time criminal – The third time or higher criminal is charged with a third-degree misdemeanor and may face the below-mentioned sentences:
- A fine of less than $10,000
- Prison time for about 2 to 10 years
- Community services time of a minimum 160 hours and a maximum 600 hours
- A deep air lung gadget will be fitted on a vehicle during the trial
- License deferral for a minimum 180 days and a maximum 2 years
Consequences if someone is injured – Apart from the above penalties, you will face more harsh consequences if anybody is injured while you were driving and drunken. Any sort of harm that affects the bodily function of an individual will result in similar sentences as a third wrongdoing DWI. If somebody dies as a result of an individual driving a car while intoxicated, the consequences are much harsher.
Regardless of what kind of DWI you are charged with, it is crucial that you hire a criminal defense attorney emphasis Bobby Salehi Houston Tx. You should look for a lawyer having some years of experience or legal specialization to defend the DWI/DUI cases.