Fuel Pumps are the brain of a car if engines are their heart. They allow injecting the right amount of fuel that is needed to combust to generate the required torque on the engine and thereby adjusting the speed. Walbro has earned an excellent reputation with their fuel pumps in the automobile industry and had gained immense popularity. As it happens with all popular brands, the market has been flooded with fake Walbro 255 Fuel Pump by the miscreants. One cannot easily make out the difference between the genuine and the fake products as the miscreants had duplicated them with considerable expertise. Are you worried that as a garage owner, you fit genuine products to the cars that come for replacement of the fuel pumps? Are you confused how to identify the genuine fuel pump from Walbro and use them? It is not only you, but many people are unable to distinguish between the genuine and the fake product. However, reading the tips below you will be able to purchase the genuine Walbro 255 Fuel Pump.
Differentiating Between the Genuine And Fake Walbro Fuel Pumps
- Walbro Fuel Pumps are never boxed packed. If you find a fuel pump of the in a branded box, then be sure it is fake. The original Walbro 255 Fuel pump is never supplied in a branded box.
- If the fuel pump is genuine, it will come enclosed in an unsealed plastic bag, and the pump will be covered with some corrosion resistant chemicals, usually the mineral spirit. These fluids are used to test the efficiency of the pumps in the company workshop. The fake products come in a sealed packet and without any corrosion resistant fluid and neither they are tested.
- The pump body is another area from where one can distinguish between the genuine and the fake Walbro fuel pumps. The genuine Walbro 255 fuel pump has the logo of the company stamped with the help of a hydraulic press, and the fake ones are only hammered, and they are not prominent. The counterfeit products do not have the manufacturing indents that hold the inner body of the pumps securely with the outer metal cover. Unlike the fake ones, the genuine fuel pump shells are not glossy, but little matt finished.
- The weight of the genuine Walbro fuel pump and the fake ones differ, and the fake ones are lighter in weight. As the genuine fuel pumps have metal gears inside instead of plastic gears that are used in the counterfeit models, they weigh more.
- If one carefully observes the fake Walbro 255 fuel pump, it would be found that there are no return valve pins for pressure release. Even the fake pumps have square contact pins.
- The genuine fuel pumps from Walbro have internal metal gears, whereas the fake ones use plastic impellers. The inlet of the genuine pump protrudes outside the metal casing, or the shell whereas is the fake one they are leveled or even offset inside. Loose plastic pieces can be seen around the inlet hole in the fake pumps that interprets there are no quality checks, or they are made crudely. The original fuel pumps are passed to be supplied in the market after multiple tests.
With the above differences in the mind, a service engineer in a workshop or if you are changing your cars fuel pump on your own can distinguish between the fake and the genuine Walbro 255 Fuel Pump. It is also better to buy them from genuine physical stores with a proper invoice instead of purchasing them from e-commerce websites where cheap offers often lure one. Avoid being pennywise pound foolish and buy genuine fuel pumps.