Environmental Pollution has increased worry for our future generation. What we are doing to save the environment. Technology has brought tremendous change in our lifestyle however we are still need nature, fresh air, water and food to survive. No matter how expensive is our houses and how trendy our outfits, our basic needs of living can’t be changed. We are doing every possible thing to make our life easier however we forgot to see what we are leaving behind for our future generations. Polluted Air, contaminated water, pesticides rich food, is that we thought about our future. No, it’s not like that. We are continuously using nonrenewable sources of energy and we are boasting about our bright future.
During the industrial revolution our environment has changing abruptly. Factories that have used coal and fossil fuels released massive pollution and chemical waste which cause Air & water pollution. Global warming is the result of rapidly changing average temperature of the earth. This increase in the earth’s temperature is due to greenhouse gases. Our environment scientist has studied that if earth’s temperature continues changing like this, the atmosphere gets warmer, one day glacier will melt down and sea level will be increased, some islands of the earth will disappeared under ocean. Are we not responsible for this? Surely we are. How? Below are some facts which give the clear picture of it.
- U.S.A is responsible for 30.3 % of world’s gas emission.
- 33% of Chinese people live in such cities which are most polluted cities of the world.
- In Asia, Due to dense layer of pollution and smog sometimes you can’t see the stars.
- Cars are responsible for 40% to 90% of world’s air pollution.
- Nuclear tests conducted by US or other countries increases the air pollution. After World War II massive radioactive waste left over from atomic warfare and testing which led to high pollution in the environment.
We should take preventive action before it gets too late. Let’s discuss how we can contribute to prevent environmental pollution.
- We should decrease the consumption of the fossil fuels. Lesser the greenhouse gases omitting from cars more the environment will be pollution free. Drive hybrid or electric cars instead of cars using fossil fuels to drive.
- Carpooling is also a safe way to reduce the omission of greenhouse gases.
- Stop the vehicle you are driving on Red Light. This will decrease the
- pollution or will save the fossil fuel for next generations.
- Factories should have proper way to handle chemical waste and gases.
By doing these simple steps, you can save our earth from eco-disaster. Narendra Singh Plah is an environmentalist who educates people to save our planet from pollution.environment, global warning, lifestyle, Narendra Singh Plaha, pollution