Hair loss has become super common in both men and women. It has made people seek different hair replacement methods, both surgical and non-surgical. Despite the availability of both types of methods but there has been observed a huge shift of preferences. People are now frequently moving towards non-surgical hair replacement methods. Why is that? Is surgeries for hair restoration not safe? Or are they not providing the desired results? Let’s have a detailed discussion on why surgical hair replacement techniques are failing.
Before moving towards the risks associated with hair restoration surgeries, let’s first understand how this method works.
- Anaesthesia is given to the scalp to reduce the pain during the whole procedure.
- Cleansing is the next step to make sure the environment for the procedure is clean. This is to reduce the risk of getting infections.
- Donor hair is then collected from the donor site which is usually the back of your neck. This is done by removing three to four inches of a strap from your scalp. This portion is then sealed with stiches.
- The tiny portions of donor hair strap are then incised to the bald areas on the scalp.
This procedure takes almost 3 to 4 hours and afterwards the scalp stays bandaged for almost a week. This procedure need to be repeated several times to achieve the desired results. And a complete hair transplant can take a time period of about 2 years in total.
So, after understanding the procedure, let’s discuss the risks associated with surgical hair transplantation. Following are the common problems people face after getting the surgery.
- Bleeding: Ignoring the bleeding people get during the surgical process, people also have to face significant amount of bleeding afterwards.
- Swelling: Swelling and soreness is experienced after the surgery. It is normally quite painful and frustrating.
- Bruising: People also get bruises on their scalps and it sometimes move downwards till the eyes.
- Numbness: Due to anaesthesia given to the scalp, people experience temporary and sometimes permanent numbness in their scalps.
- Unnatural looking hair: One of the greatest drawbacks of this hair restoration method is the hair you get at the end appears quite unnatural. It looks as to be placed unevenly.
- Hair Loss: In most of the cases, as the hair grows after transplantation, a sudden hair loss is experienced. This is because after the whole surgical procedure, the hair follicles get in shock.
The aforementioned issues associated with the hair transplantation surgeries are basically the reason people have started thinking about non-surgical hair replacements. Non-surgical methods are less costly as compared to the surgery. They are less time-consuming, not at all painful, required no incisions and yield natural and better results.
Vivandi Trichology Center is one out of some amazing trichology centers that provide non-surgical hair replacement treatments. They deal with every type of hair loss and provide diagnosis and consultation sessions to all the affected individuals.