When the temperature drops, there’s nothing like a hearty, satisfying meal to warm your body and heart. And for those who appreciate the smoky goodness of barbecue, It has an array of mouthwatering fall and winter dishes that will do just that. Let’s take a closer look at some of their cozy creations.
1. Brisket Grilled Cheese
Imagine biting into a perfectly grilled sandwich oozing with melted cheese and tender, smoky meat. it takes the classic grilled cheese to a whole new level by adding their signature brisket. The combination of the gooey cheese and the rich, flavorful brisket is the epitome of comfort food.
Can’t get enough of this crowd favorite? To recreate the treat at home, brush mayonnaise on both sides of two slices of white bread, pile one slice high with your favorite cheese, and add two to three layers of thinly sliced brisket. Top with more cheese and your second slice of bread, then heat on a griddle with a pat of butter. Bon appétit!
2. Turkey Leg
There’s something primal and comforting about gnawing on a turkey leg, especially when it’s been slow-cooked to juicy perfection.The turkey leg is expertly smoked, resulting in tender, flavorful meat with an incredible depth of flavor. If you want to make this dish at home, marinate turkey legs with your favorite seasonings, then try smoking them over different kinds of wood chips until you find your favorite. You can’t go wrong!
3. Mesquite Smoked BBQ
Mesquite wood is a beloved choice for barbecue due to its distinctly strong and earthy flavor, making it an ideal companion to dark and red meats. their use of mesquite wood to smoke brisket and ribs adds a unique dimension to their dishes. You can experiment with mesquite chips or chunks in your smoker to infuse your BBQ creations with that authentic smoky goodness or pop over for the full smokehouse experience.
4. BBQ Sausage
Sausages are an Oktoberfest delight and a staple in many BBQ joints. Their BBQ sausage is smoky, savory, and bursting with flavors, making it fantastic to pair with crisp German brews like Kӧlsch and Märzen. Whether you prefer it in a sandwich, on a bun, or plain on a plate, barbecued sausage is a real fall treat.
5. Matador Nachos
Nachos always get the party started, “Matador” version offers a spicy twist on the classic. These nachos are loaded with smoky meats, cheese, jalapeños, and barbecue sauce, creating a flavor explosion in every bite. Celebrate the next big football game with an at-home recreation. Simply layer your favorite tortilla chips (the crunchier, the better) with smoked meat, hand-shredded cheese, thinly sliced jalapeños, and your choice of BBQ sauce, then bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Brisket Frito Pie
Frito pie is the ultimate in comfort food, combining the crunch of Fritos with the heartiness of chili, cheese, and toppings. It takes it up a notch by adding their tender brisket to the mix. Don’t knock it till you try it—not only is this dish filling and warming, but it’s a veritable flavor bomb!
When you can’t get the original dishes, you can create some of the magic in your kitchen. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Invest in a good smoker. To achieve that rich, smoky flavor, get yourself a quality smoker. There are various types available, from traditional wood smokers to electric ones. Find one that suits your needs, your space, and your budget. We love the Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter for beginners.
- Experiment with different woods. Different wood chips, like mesquite, oak, and hickory, can impart unique flavors to your barbecue. Try experimenting with different chips or chunks to discover your preferred smoky profile.
- Season with care. Don’t underestimate the power of a good rub or marinade. Develop your signature seasoning mix or sauce to give your barbecue a personalized touch, and don’t be afraid to use a heavy hand.
- Slow and low. The key to tender, smoky BBQ is to cook it slowly at a low temperature. Whether you’re smoking brisket, sausage, or turkey legs, be patient and allow the flavors to develop over time.
- Get creative. Feel free to add your twist to the dishes above. Whether it’s an offbeat cheese blend for your grilled cheese or an extra secret ingredient in your Frito pie, experimenting with flavors can lead to inventive culinary discoveries that can be passed down in your family.
So, as the cold weather sets in, warm yourself inside and out with these exceptional fall and winter dishes. Whether you visit the restaurant or recreate these dishes at home, the combination of smoky, flavorful meats and classic, comforting flavor profiles will undoubtedly make this season cozier and more delicious. Enjoy every bite, savoring the warmth only a good barbecue can provide.