These days, innumerable beauty and skincare products are available in nearby stores. Each product claims to be the ultimate solution to your skincare problems. Once you use these, you can get the smooth and flawless skin of your dreams, it is proclaimed.
However, is it okay to use just about any skincare product that is available over the counter? Shouldn’t you first analyze your skin type, and then choose a face moisturizer or an anti-aging cream? Can you believe all the claims made by the seller, or is there a standard to rate them on? Shouldn’t you be aware of what goes into your facial serum or brightening eye cream?
Know Your Skincare
Yes, that is an absolute must. You need to know the time-tested, proven- effective, safe skincare ingredients that won’t harm you in the long run. After all, our skin is one of the most visible and sensitive areas of our body.
We have compiled a list of the most effective ingredients in skincare products.
7 Best Ingredients in Skincare:
- Vitamin C: This is indeed a magic ingredient available to us from nature. Vitamin C has been proven effective in rejuvenating and brightening skin, repairing sun damage, and boosting up collagen production. Due to its antioxidant benefits, Vitamin C can be very helpful in reducing fine lines and wrinkles caused by aging. Serums and anti-aging face masks with Vitamin C are absolutely essential in any beauty conscious person’s skincare list.
- Retinol: Retinol is a Vitamin A derivative that increases the rate at which cells turn over. Since it speeds up the exfoliation process, retinol is a great anti-aging ingredient for reducing fine lines and sun damage.
- Allantoin: This plant root extract has soothing properties and helps skin heal. It also helps stimulate the growth of new skin tissue. Your skin feels smoother after using a face mask with Allantoin, as it helps dead skin cells to fall off and helps skin keep in more water.
- Collagen: Aging and the signs of aging showing on the skin are every thirty-plus person’s nightmare. Collagen gives your skin a soft and supple look and delays the visible signs of aging. Facial serums and anti-aging creams with this wonder ingredient are a must in your skincare regimen.
- Glycerin: This is an excellent skin-restoring ingredient that hydrates and moisturizes the skin effectively. It works wonderfully in preventing skin dryness. Look for glycerin in daily face moisturizers for dry skincare.
- Squalane: This oil is such that it is suitable for all skin types. You can use squalane for moisturizing skin and lips, and even your sensitive under-eye skin. This versatile ingredient helps in oil control too and is non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog skin pores). It is great for use in anti-aging moisturizers and anti-aging face masks.
- Lavender Oil: This oil is derived from the lavender plant and benefits the skin in many ways. It has the ability to lessen acne and helps lighten skin and reduce wrinkles. Lavender oil also acts as an anti-inflammatory skincare ingredient. It is useful in face cleansers and for dry skincare, as well as in anti-aging creams.
These seven wonder ingredients have been proven to boost the health and youthfulness of skin. So, while shopping for skincare products, do check out whether these ingredients are included in the serums, face masks and moisturizers you buy.
A little caution and a thoughtful skincare regimen go a long way in keeping your skin happy!