The more modern the life becomes, the more demands on the beauty are. Not only intelligence but also the beauty can be an aspect to reinforce your success. That’s the reason why there is an increase in people’s need for cosmetic products. According to some statistics, the number of women going to the spa per month is higher, and the cosmetic industry becomes one of the most crucial aspects in many developed countries. Hence, today we will show some tips for skin care; however, it is not about the cosmetic products, the main topic is about the Ayurveda on the skin.
Perhaps, you can be vague about the word Ayurvedic. It is used to describe one of the oldest medical systems in the world. Up to now, it has developed for more than 3000 years; nevertheless, it is not popular recently as in the past. This type of health care is native to India. The goal of Ayurveda is to help people prevent the diseases using special diets and unique health practices, based on the belief between spirit, mind, and body. India people often make use of herbs to create their remedies, so they are quite safe and efficient. However, some methods belong to only a type of skin. Therefore, you should choose the one which is the most appropriate by doing the Ayurvedic Skin Type Quiz on the Internet. Now let’s see how the Ayurvedic medicine works on your skin.
Cleaning face is one of the most significant factors giving you strong skin. Different from steps that the girls follow nowadays on the Internet, Ayurveda has its unique way to make your skin clean with the almond powder. For many years, almond becomes the most effective nuts for the skin care with the high amount of nutrients, especially the fiber, fatty acid, and antioxidants. Moreover, thanks to the rich content of vitamin E, almond will be your savior in fighting against the wrinkles and smile lines. It also helps to remove the free radicals and protect your skin from the adverse factors from the environment.
Things you need:
- 1 teaspoon of almond powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut milk
- Water ( if necessary)
How to do:
- Add almond powder to coconut milk
- Combine them well to get a soft paste (if it’s too solid, you can add some water)
- Apply the mixture in your skin and massage gently
- Let it dry for a few minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Perhaps, the name of this herb is quite strange. Neem is native to India and other neighboring countries, and it is often used in healing wounds. In skin care, people use neem leaves in many fields. The regenerative properties in neem can slow down the aging process and help you rejuvenate your skin. Moreover, it can remove the acne, lighten and balance your skin tone by reducing the pigmentation. If you are worried about the dry skin, neem leaves can also provide your skin with the necessary nutrients and moisturizers.
Things you need:
- Neem leaves
- Turmeric powder
You can add some drops of essential oil if you have dry skin
How to do:
- Put the neem leaves in the microwave for about 5 minutes to dry them
- Crush the leaves by using the pestle
- Add the turmeric powder and yogurt essential oil (if necessary), and then combine them to get a paste
- Squeeze the lemon to add juice to the above mixture
- Apply it directly to your skin
- Wait for 20 minutes and remove with lukewarm water.
Recently, coconut oil has become a useful tool to treat many skin problems. The Ayurveda similarly take advantage of the nutrients in this oil, especially in moisturizing the skin. Dr. Moha, the Ayurvedic doctor at Svastha Health in California recommended using coconut oil every day thanks to its coolness nature. The high amount of medium chain fatty acid can remove the harmful microorganisms, repel some common skin infections such as eczema, folliculitis, etc. and heal the wounds. Moreover, coconut oil plays a vital role in moisturizing the skin and improving the skin tone. Gradually, it will unclog the pores, remove acne and bring you glowing skin. Let’s see how to take care of your skin using coconut oil.
Things you need:
- Coconut oil
- A teaspoon of vitamin E essential oil
How to do:
- Melt the coconut oil by putting it in a microwave
- Add the vitamin E oil and combine two ingredients well. If you want to have any scent, you can use any essential oil with your favorite scent.
- Pour it into the jar for storage and use it as a natural cream
Besides cleaning and moisturizing the skin, we cannot ignore the exfoliation step. Today, we will introduce you to the Mukhalepam process, which mainly using herbs and followed by the steaming process if necessary. This type of Ayurveda is very well-liked due to a slew of benefits such as cleaning the skin, fighting against pigmentation, removing dead skin cells or even preventing wrinkles. The Mukhalepam is available for all type of skin; however, for each skin type, it uses different ingredients.
- Vata (for dry skin): Make 1 mixture by combining well the rice flour, 1 teaspoon of honey and yogurt. Apply to in your face and massage gently for about two minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water. What’s more, you can steam the face with the mint leaves to unclog the pores and boost the blood circulation.
- Pitta (for sensitive skin): Prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and ¼ cup of milk. Combine them well to create a paste. After that, rub the mixture to your skin and leave it on for about 5 – 10 minutes. Use water to remove the mixture and cleanse your skin. Moreover, purchase some green tea, essential oil to steaming your face.
- Kapha (for oily skin): Mixing 3 tablespoons of salt, 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then combine well to get a paste. After washing your face, apply the mixture and massage gently. Finally, remove it with lukewarm water and use the towel to pat your face. You can also use the mint leaves to steam the face.
After completing some steps above like cleaning, moisturizing or exfoliating, it is also vital to nourish your skin. Don’t have thoughts like cleaning step can remove all the bacteria or moisturizing can provide enough nutrients. Only when you know well about your skin condition and combine many skin care steps, it will work. Applying a facial mask considers one of the fastest ways to get a healthy skin by removing the dead skin cells, unclogging the pores, boosting the hydration, lightening the skin tone and so on.
Things you need:
- 1/4 teaspoon of Triphala powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Two tablespoons of chickpea flour
- Mint leaves
How to do:
- Mash ½ tablespoon of mint leaves
- Mix it with Triphala powder, turmeric powder, and chickpea flour
- Apply the mixture to your face and massage thoroughly for about 2 minutes
- Let it on your face for about 20 minutes
- Leave it off with lukewarm water.
However, to get the visible result, you need to add some more ingredients. For each type of skin, it needs particular ones. In the Vata, you have to mash 2 more tablespoons of ripe avocado and add into your mixture above. Add 2 tablespoons of cucumber for the Pitta and 2 tablespoons of ripe papaya for the Kapha.
Breathe In And Release
Different from all remedies above, this method does not require any ingredients in the store. The key to succeeding in this method is only you. After a hard working day, there is a way for you to unwind yourself: meditation. For many years, Indian people have considered meditation the best way to help them balance between their body and mind. If you are stressful and can’t confide in anyone, it may not only lower your mood but also cause some risk diseases. For the skin, in case you always tackle stress, it will gradually lack nutrients and become hydrated, especially the Vata. Therefore, let’s give meditation a try on the skin care battle.
For the beginners, meditation is a challenging task that you must try your best to do because sitting for a long time can make you feel quite awful. Therefore, before meditating, you need to prepare comfortable clothes, cushion, and appropriate area. Don’t be scared about the failure, instead of that, always bear in mind that you can overcome it. When you start meditating, you need to sit in the right way with the straight posture and do not lean on anything. Moreover, it is necessary to tilt the chin and place the hands in wherever you feel comfortable. Remember to focus on the breath and ignore all the thoughts entering your mind at that time. It can be hard at first, but gradually, you will be familiar and feel very pleasant.
To sum up, here are 6 Ayurvedic skincare tips that we want to share with all of you. They are quite straightforward and do not need much time to finish. We do hope that our tips will work on your skin. Moreover, don’t forget to show your achievements in the box below. If you have any queries, feel free to leave a comment under this article.