When it comes to buying a used car, it’s not exactly as easy as walking up to a showroom, checking out cars, and depending on a polished salesperson to hook you up with the best-suited car for you.
Now, seeing that you are in the market to buy a used car, there are many stones that you will want to turn. While you can’t exactly go to a dealership and choose a car, there are still many different methods you can refer to for buying the perfect car.
However, you need to stay aware of your options so you can figure out which place is most likely to get you the best deal. We will be mentioning some of the most significant sources from where you can consider buying your car.
So, let’s get started!
1. Buying a Car from a Franchised Dealer:
In the process of buying a car, good customer service will account for a lot of help. And if you don’t know much about cars, you are best suited to deal with a franchised dealer. Franchised dealers are your best choice if you’re unaware of the essential aspects of buying a used car or a new one, for that matter.
While shopping from a franchised dealer can cost you a little more than the other options, you don’t have to worry about car inspection a lot, as they will be doing most of the work for you. Furthermore, they are likely to suggest better choices that your pocket can afford. For example, if you are there to buy a Mazda, but it falls a little out of your budget, they would suggest a better car model help you shop.
- When you go to a franchised dealer, you get face-to-face service. Having a person to deal with is a lot of help as they can answer any questions you might have.
- If you know what you are after, they can help you walk away with exactly what you are looking for.
- Franchised dealerships are most likely to have cars that are in stellar condition, which frees you of the worry of getting ripped off.
- Shopping through a dealership franchise might cost you a fortune. However, channel your inner salesperson, and you can walk away with a fair discount!
- They might try to lowball if you try to make your old wheels a part of the deal.
- They might convince you to buy insurance or any financial add-ons, which aren’t necessarily required.
2. Using a Car Broker to Buy a Car
For people who know what they are looking for and understand “Time is money,” going to a car broker is a perfect choice.
A car broker is a good fit for you if you want to buy a classic car or a used car while saving money and time. You have to tell them about the car you want, and leave the rest to them. They will find the best choice and buy the car on your behalf.
Using a car broker is a workaround if you don’t want to go to dealerships and spend a lot of your time and energy shaking down salespersons to save a fortune on your purchase. However, you will want to make sure that you choose the right broker. Consider various options when looking for a broker and go for the best one with your budget.
- Going to a broker can help you save a lot of money instead of spending on dealer prices.
- Using a car broker makes it significantly easier for you to compare the prices and specifications of the car.
- You get what you ask for. If a dealership doesn’t have the car you need, they might suggest the options they might have.
- Most brokers don’t offer test drives, so you have to take their word on the car.
- Depending on your broker, the delivery time and fees might differ. Check up before you make a deal with them.
- Most of the brokers don’t allow you to trade your old cars.
3. Using an Online Car-buying Service
The online marketplaces have come a long way, and just like many other items, it is possible to buy a used car in the UK online. There are various options, like Autocoincars, that offer a lot of good deals online.
They also allow you to choose the car of your preference and get the car you have been looking to get while offering you the best possible deal in terms of pricing. However, depending on the car-buying service that you choose, the process is going to vary. The process might vary in terms of payment methods or other various features.
Furthermore, online dealers give you many options to choose from depending on your preferences. However, you still need to call the shots on the deal and choose the best possible deal for yourself.
Similarly, you will also come across car-buying services that allow you to purchase vehicles directly from their website.
- You don’t have to worry about prices as they offer solid deals. And since they offer good deals, you don’t need to have a shakedown about the prices.
- The users get many options to choose from and eventually walk away with the best possible option.
- You can shop at your convenience. You don’t need to drive down to a dealership and look for cars manually.
- Just like with car brokers, you don’t get any test drives.
- Most of the online car buying services will only offer you new cars. It’s most likely that this option might fall a little far from your budget as well. However, all hope is not lost, as some services offer used cars too. The key is to search.
- The arrangement of the delivery process might be a little hectic.
4. Going to a Car Supermarket
Car supermarkets are new to the game and a great alternative to people who want to avoid dealing with established car dealers.
Especially if you are looking for a used car, a car supermarket is a good fit for you as most cars are used. You might need to, however, need to be on your feet when inspecting the car. Look for all the red flags which might cause you troubles further in the run. The team at Car Synergy can help you find used car deals.”
- They offer rather impressive price tags. There is no need for shakedowns and unnecessary conversation of cutting down the prices.
- You get to choose various makes and models at a car supermarket, so you have a versatile choice.
- If you can strike a deal, you can manage to drive away with the car on the same day instead of waiting for more extended delivery periods.
- Your options might be limited to choosing options that are only available at the time.
- They don’t get many points when it comes to dealing with customer service. Expect blunt and direct people.
- Some cars that they might have available might be imported from other countries. So, you should ensure that the car you choose is in full UK specification.
Buying a car is a big decision which makes it essential that you get it done right. One of the ways to make sure that you’re buying the right car for yourself is to look at the correct places for buying a car.
We have mentioned four of the most authentic methods that you can adhere to for buying a used car for yourself. While these methods are trustworthy, do your research and brush up on your skills to check everything before purchasing. Used cars can either end up being a great deal on which you can save a lot of money or a black hole in which you’d be just dumping your money. Choose wisely.