Companies often sustain property damage which can be stressful to deal with if they do not have a trustworthy commercial restoration company. From burst pipes, mold issues, and water damages to disaster damages and fire damages, an ideal commercial restoration company should offer all types of commercial restoration services. The right company can aptly handle the whole situation and control disruption quickly and efficiently.
With so many companies dealing with such restoration services, it is important for a business owner to choose the one that is not only within their budget but who will handle the repairs fastest while causing as little interruption to the daily business activities as possible. To help one choose the right company for their business, here are some things they should consider asking.
- Proper Certifications and License
Fixing commercial property damages includes a lot of work which needs experience and proficient knowledge. To ensure that the workers of the restoration company have both, they have to be properly licensed and certified as someone who is adept in dealing with all types of commercial restoration services. The quickest way to find out if the company is genuine or not is to see whether they are certified by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification). This is because the IICRC makes sure that the companies they certify have the most ideal standards of restoration procedures and techniques that are no less than being perfect. If it is for more specific damages like fire damages, one can ask for any other particular certifications that the company might hold.
- Kinds of Services
When a company property sustains damage, the owner would want someone who will cover all the aspects of restoration instead of hiring individual companies for specific jobs. Ideally, a restoration company must provide all kinds of services from inspection of the property to understand the extent of the damage, reconstruction of the damaged property as well as cleaning it up after the whole process.
- Experience of the Company
New companies often lack the knowledge that does not come from books but from years of experience of restoring damaged properties. Companies with appropriate years of experience will be aware of all the things that can possibly go wrong as well as the fastest and most efficient way of restoring a property depending on the type of damage it has sustained. Hence, it is important to inquire about the years of experience a company has before hiring them.
The next factor one must take into consideration while hiring a restoring company is how much they charge for their services. A good way to find the right company is to collect estimated prices from a couple of companies and choose the one that is neither too high nor too low. Companies charging too low for their services that seem to be too good to be true might not be necessarily good at what they do. Similarly, companies that set their prices too high often disappoint with their level of work. Thus, it is best to stay at a mid-range.
- Read Reviews
To check if the company’s services are satisfactory or not, one must go to their website and read the testimonials and reviews of their past clients. Consistently good reviews on their website is a sign that the company has had happy clients in the past. One can also contact their past clients and ask for testimonies if the reviews are not enough.
- Emergency Services
It is always better to be aware of a company’s response policy than regretting hiring them in the middle of the night when an emergency strikes. If the property is located at a place which is prone to emergencies, it is better to hire a commercial restoration company who offers emergency services as well.
During disaster damages or other such damages that come under a company’s insurance, a company who is willing to work in such conditions is important. Many companies agree at first and then change their words and ask for extra money from the owner. An ideal restoration company must work directly with the insurance company and comply with all the necessary rules and regulations of them.
Red Flags to Consider
There are quite a few red flags that should not be ignored while hiring a company. Here are some of the most important ones that should be considered:
- If a company is requesting huge sums of money in advance, it is a viable red flag that has to be considered. While some amount of money has to be given to the company to cover the cost of the materials needed for a project, anything higher than the 10% to 20% of the cost might not be ideal. It is recommended to ask the company beforehand about their advance policies.
- It is better to always ask for the estimation costs in writing before a project begins. A slight increase or decrease is usual in such projects. If a company refuses to give it in writing, it is advised to consider some other restoration business. Not having a written estimation allows the company to change their costs at any time leaving the customer no chance but to comply.
- Companies that do not agree to work under a contract must be avoided at all cost, especially for bigger projects. Both the parties must accept all the terms including the pricing structure, the dates of completing payments as well as the project deadlines. One must never let the company start working without signing a contract with mutually accepted terms and conditions first.
Finding the right commercial restoration company who deals with all types of commercial restoration services can be a tough task if one is not aware where to start. These tips will help one find a better company in their locality who is not only competent in their line of work but also understands their needs and requirements and works accordingly.