All types of businesses make use of custom signage. Starting a business might be easy but keep it going with the right marketing efforts is slightly difficult. Sign printing is an important part of the marketing and advertising strategy for a business. It should never be undermined. Also, sign printing is not limited to marketing, but it is a major part of creating safety and security at the workplace. For example, the construction safety signs at most construction and building places are a good use of signage.
Printing custom signage is easy, but there are certain elements you need to take care of. There are certain colours, sizes, and shapes you must use or avoid, depending on why you are printing the signage.
7 things to remember while creating signage
- Images: There are many situations in which images convey a message more clearly. This applies to different kinds of signs. If people fail to understand words, they can decode the image and understand what it is trying to say.If you look carefully, you will notice that a lot of construction site safety signs are often images or pictures trying to convey a message. This way it becomes clearer for the people working on the site and also the people passing by. Make sure you use appropriate images that people can understand and remember.
- Colours: This is one of the most important steps in designing a signage board or even banners. The colour choice has a direct impact on how customers perceive your brand and what you are trying to say. There are certain colours that invoke a more positive and welcoming feel, while other colours have a cold and uninviting feel. You will have to decide which colours work best for you depending on the purpose you are using it for.
- Size: The size can be determined by the purpose of the signage and where you are going to place it. Some signs need to be bigger, while other signs can have a smaller size and still have a good enough impact.With the size of the signage, the font size also changes. Make sure you are using big, block fonts that can be read from a certain distance. Signage that is used on the roadside is often big in size because it needs to attract the attention of people who are driving on the road.
- Placement: Placement of the signage decides whether or not your signage is successful. Even if you have the best signage but it is placed in the wrong place, you will not get any benefit out of it. But deciding on the right place for your signage is something each business must consider as an important task. Placing them in the right position and place will determine how you attract your audience to your business.
- Content: The content that goes up on the signage is indispensable. Nobody likes to read long sentences. So avoid doing that with your signs. Signs are meant to be really short and attention-seeking messages that have a clear and quick impact on the reader. So focus on the keywords and use them appropriately.
- Call To Action: Call to action is necessary. People often forget or dismiss it as not an important factor. But those who do not use it, will not understand how it works. Call to action guides your customers on what to expect and what to do after they have read the sign.If you are trying to launch a product, tell them when they can buy it in the market. If you are trying to promote a service, tell your customers about why they should get it and how they can avail of those specific services. The call to action makes it easier for you to guide your audience towards your business.
- Design: All the above-mentioned points come together and form the design of the custom sign. There are other design elements as well which you can choose to apply to your signage if it really needs them. You must determine which design elements are important, depending on the requirements.Testing this design is equally important. Ask people for feedback. If you do not find many people looking at the design, try tweaking the design a little bit. With changes in the design, you will understand what works and what doesn’t work.
Signage and sign printing is still very important even in this age of social media and digital advertising. It is about convincing and attracting a customer who is in the locality or passing by. Having the right kind of signage has its own benefits and these are long-term benefits. You can find professional sign manufacturers who can help you with your design and print you the best, durable signs.