The water-damaged iPhone cuts the link that connects you to your family members, friends, colleagues, essential services, and more. So, when you drop your beloved device in the bathtub, and it stops working, what should you do? You should contact a reputable service centre that is known for iPhone repair, and get the device fixed. But, before you do that, here are a few suggestions that you need to follow.
Steps to Take before Contacting iPhone Service Centre
No matter how careful you are, accidents are bound to happen. So, don’t freak out when you spill water on your device, or when you drop it in a tub full of water. Keep calm and do these things, and after that book an appointment with a service centre that is committed to iPhone repairs.
- You have to turn off your iPhone immediately. And, if it is off, do not try to turn it on.
- Take out your SIM card, and other removable parts.
- Use a towel to dry off the parts; you can also put your iPhone in a rice bag.
- The iPhone features a Liquid Contact Indicator (LCI). If it glows red, it is an indication that water has damaged your device. And, you need to take it to the centre for iPhone repair. You can turn on your device if the LCI is not red.
However, even if there is no red glow, it is best to take your iPhone to the service centre and get it checked for any water-related damages. The technicians there will do a few diagnostic tests to determine the issues (if there are any), and then fix them.
Where to Go for Water-Damaged iPhone Repair?
You should not hand over your water-damaged iPhone to the centre that has recently opened its shop. It is unlikely to have the experience necessary for repair of highly complex issues. It is easy to find out when the centre started its repair services. You can get this information from its website, or you can ask its customer support.
Moreover, you can also ask these questions to determine if the centre can handle your water-damaged device effectively or not.
- When did you set up the repair centre?
- Do you have the tools to handle water-damaged iPhone?
- How many years of experience do your technicians have?
- Do you use genuine parts?
- Do you offer a warranty?
- How long will it take to repair water-damaged iPhone?
- How much will it cost?
You can also ask about the process that they follow to fix water-damaged iPhones. Most reputable service centres do answer all the questions honestly. You should not opt for the centre that does not give convincing answers.
If you are confused about which centre to choose, ask your family, friends, or followers on your social media accounts, to identify the one that can meet your quality expectations. You should not try to fix the water-damaged iPhone yourself, as it requires special skills and expertise. Always take the help of the technicians who are known for their excellent iPhone repairs.