Demolition essentially refers to the process of pulling down a building or a commercial property which is a man-made concrete structure. Demolition is often confused with deconstruction where as the latter means tearing down the structure but preserving the important artifacts.
Excavation is the exposure, processing and recording the archeological remains. Excavation essentially means digging a hole in the ground for the purpose of studying the site.
Here is a List of Guidelines we should Follow While Hiring Demolition and Excavation Service Providers:
- Licensing: The most important thing to look for when hiring demolition and excavation service providers is the license. It is important we check their licenses before making your final decision. Licenses are important as not everyone has access to the state codes. Hiring people who are licensed will help us avoid later legal troubles. The licenses also prove that the service provider has been trained particularly for this aspect. This also provides us with a sense of security.
- Insurance: Since excavation and demolition is a risky job. We should make sure that the service providers have insurance. The insurance of the service providers not only proves their legitimacy but also helps us in avoiding legal jargon if any mishap takes place. The importance of the insurance should not be lost on us. Insurance is also important in case the service providers try to fool us. This helps us in avoiding over head costs as well. The overhead costs include payments in case of damages or injuries. Therefore we should avoid working with uninsured or unlicensed demolition or excavation service providers.
- Pricing: One of the major issues with such big projects is the pricing. It is essential we work out the prices before starting the project. We should try and get the prices in writing from the contractor so that he cannot fool us at the end of the project. We should look for service providers that are affordable but we should not be lured by the providers who drastically lowered their prices. There is a big chance that such providers will use poorly made equipment which will end up costing us more in future. Therefore, we should compare prices from various service providers and choose the most affordable one which will give us fruitful results.
- Experience: When someone is hired for a trusted job, the most wanted quality that people look for is the experience of the person. We should stick to hiring experienced people for such big projects. When we search for the demolition and excavation service providers, our top condition should be the experience of the service provider. Since these projects require huge investments of money, time, labor and capital, we should avoid hiring apprentices as with this investment we do not have much scope for mistake to be made. Therefore, experienced providers who have been in this business for long should only be hired. As even if they make a mistake they will have the perfect knowledge on how to make it perfect. Therefore, experience matters a lot while hiring demolition and excavation service providers.
- References: This is one of the most important aspects of hiring people which should never be ignored. We should always look for references while hiring the service provider. The references play a great role in helping us decide if the service provider is the right person for our job or not. Therefore, looking for references before hiring demolition and excavation service providers is very important.
These are just a few guidelines that one should follow before hiring demolition and excavation service providers.demolition, excavation