A specific group of people in society rely more on their reputation for everything that they have; than others. This is because their living completely depends on their reputation is good in the eyes of the public. Most of them are politicians, celebrities, lawyers, business-personal, real-estate agents; to name a few professionals. They thus need the services of celebrity reputation management. This particular segment of digital work has gained tremendous momentum in recent years because celebrities and politicians tend to get into crisis with social media very often.
Hence, they all need an adequate volume of vigilance over their online reputation and its maintenance as per the requirement. The reputation is important here due to the personal branding these professionals have. Even corporate video production services are sometimes hired to create collaterals, to help maintain or repair the reputation online.
What is online or digital reputation management?
It is the particular image of a specific person over the internet, which has to be managed to reflect a positive aura all the time. They come in two realms.
- Search Engines: This is where all information related to a person can be found, when it is visible for everyone to view. They may be linked to Bing, Yahoo, Google or AOL. No established professional would want to see some scandalous news or event from their teenage days. However, when a person becomes known across a continent, his or her details are searched over the internet many times.
- Social Media: This is a real-time action on part of the reputation management team, where they have to handle the negative focus and facilitate the positive light on the social media profiles of the celebrity. This involves taking care of comments, reviews, retweets/likes, and posts. It is not merely the real people who attack big groups and major following profiles on social media, but bots as well.
How does reputation management work?
There are four fundamental parts of celebrity reputation management, which takes care of everything swiftly.
- Monitoring: Monitoring the Internet and Social Media is the foremost part of reputation management. What is being published and by whom, targeting the particular person; plays a major role here. Other than monitoring the name, the campaigns, works, hashtags, slogans, and anything remotely related to the person in question has to be looked for. It is a massive task indeed because the internet is huge.
- Reacting: Once the relevant mentions are found online, a reaction to them is required. It is essential to choose, which mentions being reacted onto. Reacting to influential posts would get the person of interest more brownie points.
- Creating: This is more of a proactive strategy that is required to keep a dedicated audience busy. Here an atmosphere needs to be created to attract and glued the fans, voters, and followers.
- SERM: Known as Search Engine Reputation Management, it is where more positive news, information, and content are pushed by promotions, so the negative publications get pushed further towards the back pages of Search Engine. And the audience gets to see only the positive aspects.
Taking the help of corporate video production services and creating interesting videos to grab the attention of the audience is also part of a proactive strategy, which many reputation management companies apply.