Starting from a young girl who is in nursery school to an old lady, appearance has become very important for everyone. Oral hygiene is something that comes under appearance and people are very aware of it. It is equally important as our general health. Poor oral hygiene can lead to various dental problems like gum infection. Bone loss, strokes, heart disease, and so on.
To protect ourselves from these we should visit a dental hygienist at least once in three months. People of the UK are really conscious of their oral hygiene. So, they make it a point to visit the Dental Hygienist in Battersea whenever possible. Proper oral health helps a person to put on a beautiful and confident smile. Smiling beautifully at the world is something everyone desires.
There is a big difference between dental hygienists and dentists in the role they play in a patient’s life and their dental practice. A hygienist needs to conduct charts of dental conditions, oral prophylaxis, different kinds of preventative dental hygiene. At times, they need to conduct screening procedures which may include neck and head screening. He also checks the blood pressure and the patient’s health history. He may also ask for a tooth x-ray. Whereas a dentist has a supervisory role in a clinical setting. If the dental hygienist finds some serious problem then he can advise the patient to visit a dentist.
Few instructions everyone should follow for better Oral Hygiene are: –
- Brush your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing at least once a day
- Decrease in sugar intake
- Avoiding tobacco
- A healthy diet consists of fresh vegetables and fruits
- Taking professional dental care whenever possible
At Chatfield Dental Centre every dentist has an experienced support team consisting of a dental hygienist who performs a lot of roles to assist the patient and dentist. Generally, a dentist is more professional and he might discuss the oral problem and the treatments associated with it. Whereas a dental hygienist will take time to explain more about oral care and how to keep it clean.
If a tooth looks good does not mean it is healthy. For a healthy tooth, it is necessary to have healthy gums. Only a professional will be able to detect whether the teeth or the gum are healthy or not. The Dental Hygienist uses modern high-tech instruments during a check-up. Proper treatment and check-ups will simply boost your confidence.
Reasons to Visit a Dental Hygienist are: –
- To stop gum infection- at least 90% of people suffer from gum disease at some point in their life be it severe, moderate, or mild. If you do not want to face any kind of gum disease then visiting a dental hygienist is important. In fact, regular visits will save you from terrible pain which can occur anytime.
- Maintenance of a healthy body: to maintain good physical health one must take care of his or her mouth. A recent study has proved that most heart attacks or stores occur due to poor oral hygiene. Though regular cleaning helps to prevent it.
- Detecting dental problems: a hygienist can detect any kind of gum or teeth problem earlier. Early detection of broken fillings, cavities, or gum disease is a blessing in disguise, at least the patient is saved from the terrible pain. If you still ignore these problems then gum surgery, tooth removal, or root canals are the only solutions.
- Prevention of bad breath: bad breath is the most embarrassing condition which can affect anyone at any time (irrespective of age). This is something that is not expected from anyone. 90% of bad breath happens due to bacteria which is inside the mouth. Bad breath is easily preventable and also treated by Dental hygienists.
A dental hygienist makes proper recommendations regarding home care which includes how to brush properly, the flossing techniques, oral hygiene products, and all the possible treatments. Most of us do not know how to brush our teeth properly so that there is no staining or cavities. A hygienist generally recommends soft bristles, toothbrushes, and an angle of 45 degrees towards the gum line. Our tongue should not be ignored at any cost as it is also an important part of oral hygiene.
Oral hygiene is something that people do not ignore at all. For this reason, the best dental clinics grow in this region. At our clinic, we have the best dentists, dental hygienists, and office staff who are working 6 days a week. Take an appointment over the phone and come to our clinic. This way you will save time. Just remember that your oral health depends on your lifestyle.