Dogs are one of the first known animals to be tamed by man. Dogs, as famously called as Man’s best friend, is one of the favorite types of pets. Because love is shown towards a dog that never goes unrequited. They stand as the symbol of loyalty, which strengthened the bond between dogs and humans over the years.
Every one of us would have wanted to pet a dog, and most of us would have got one. Nurturing a dog is an art. Puppies need as much attention and care as infants do. Apart from primary health care, canines need personalized behavioral training. Every dog owner is expected to have basic knowledge about canine psychology beforehand adopting a dog.
Just as humans, Canines do have behavioral issues while growing up. That’s when the masters need to take responsibility for training them.
What is Dog training?
Dog training is a mandatory step in their upbringing. It is the process of analyzing dog behavior and applying specific techniques or methods to train them to modify their behavior to adapt to domestic life.
Most of the dog owners lack the knowledge of training their dogs on their own. That is where Dog trainers come into action.
Who is a Dog Trainer?
A Dog trainer is a certified professional in animal behavior. They examine dogs and use several training techniques to improve dog behavior. They also advise owners to reinforce the teaching methods to train their dogs at home and provides practical solutions to build a copacetic relationship with their pets.
Not all dogs are well-behaved. Canine behavioral issues are instinctual. Incessant barking, excessive howling, digging, destructive chewing, separation anxiety, and Aggressiveness are common behavior problems seen in canines. Trainers use a set of best-known training methods to teach dogs good manners. They are Operant conditioning, Clicker training, Positive reinforcement, Reward systems, Hand signals, and Voice commands.
Benefits of training your dog:
Training benefits both the owner and the dog.
- Unleashes Dog’s Talent – You do not know what your dog is capable of until you train them. Training is not only meant to modify their behavior. It includes harnessing the innate talents of a dog and cultivates new skills to utilize them in performing certain activities. Right from primitive humans to contemporary defense forces have trained dogs and used their sniffing skills in hunting, diffusing bombs, and warfare.
- Attain Obedience – While loyalty is an innate character of a dog, Obedience comes with constant training. Obedience training makes dogs more communicative and responsive to the instructions of owners. By this, you get more control over your pet, and It is one of the vital gains of training. After all, What is more, blissful than an obedient pet?
- Enhance social skills – Most of the dogs do not possess socializing skills. Having a cantankerous pet in a friendly neighborhood could be pretty annoying. Socialization training exposes dogs to different people, unfamiliar locations, and they are trained with packs to establish a relationship with people and pets around them. This type of training eventually eliminates their poor behaviors and possibly inhibits their fear and phobias. You can happily bring a trained dog to picnics, group gatherings, and a friend’s home.
- Improves the quality of life – Canines need exercise. They are active animals. Regular exercising keeps your pet healthy and active. Physical activities carried out during training enhances the physical and mental health of the dog. It eradicates the health risks and improves their quality of life during each stage of their growth. A healthy dog in a household makes a pleasant environment.
- Protection – Safeguarding is a basic canine instinct. Dogs actively sense the dangers and put their life at risk to protect their owners from being hurt. This instinctual behavior of canines are potentially disciplined and organized through commands in training. This training directly benefits the owner’s protection.
Dogs are family. Numerous dog owners spend an ample amount of time and money in training their dogs through Dog training institutes. And with threebestrated.com, finding a certified dog trainer is as simple as hiring a cab. Take your dog to a trainer and bring them home as civilized like humans.