Kitchen and bathroom renovations are the most expensive part of a makeover. You would want to be careful when making the choices to avoid any regrets. But you want a beautiful kitchen, right? Are you thinking of going for white kitchen cabinets?
You’re probably trying to consider the fanciness. Or, your main goal here is to have enough light in the room. Well, we can consider both reasons, but is that all? Are you aware of the installation and maintenance costs?
White kitchen cabinets are classy, bright, and noticeable from afar. The color is attractive and easy to blend with anything you might come across. It would be best if you also considered getting the best kitchen appliances to complement the theme. Before you do so, let’s learn more about these cabinets.
Advantages and Disadvantages of White Kitchen Cabinet Ideas
It’s important to be well-informed before you decided to opt for white cabinets. As much as they are attractive, they do have disadvantages. You don’t want to see your kitchen years from now and regret the decision you made. Below are the pros and cons to consider.
- Clean and classic. Cleanliness is the first impression of a white cooking area. Wouldn’t you want your kitchen to look neat? Blue and white kitchen cabinets represent class, and they blend in well with a modern setting.
- Never grow old. You’d grab a couple of architectural magazines from years back, and you’ll still find white cabinets among the options. White is a color that was embraced in the past and always makes a statement till today. Years from now, your cabinets will still be classy if you opt for white ones.
- Add value to the property during resale. A Realtor will advise you to opt for white kitchen cabinet ideas if you plan to sell your house in the future. These cabinets tend to add value to your property during the resale process, and it’s a wise investment.
- Reflect light making the area look bigger. The brighter the color, the more light is reflected in the room. A white kitchen reflects light from both natural and artificial sources, which makes your kitchen appear bigger.
- Flexible to change. White cabinets are easier to replace. There are many available varieties to select from. Since they are common, you can do the installation on your own. Wouldn’t you want to save up on some costs?
- Versatile and Neutral. White is a neutral and versatile color. That gives you the freedom to play around with the decor. You can always add anything that blends well with the theme.
- Get dirty easily. It’s easy for any white surface to catch dirt quickly. The color is bright, so any fingerprints, smudges, dust, and dirt are easily noticeable.
- Show wear and tear. Clarity of damages is the significant difference between black and white kitchen cabinets. While black cabinets can hide some damaged edges, white cabinets will show them clearly.
- Cold and clinical. A white kitchen resembles a clinic. This brings a rather negative vibe to the theme of the kitchen.
How to Clean White Kitchen Cabinets
It’s easy to notice any stain on white kitchen cabinets. The size of the stain will tell you the amount of cleaning that you’ll do. Gear up with dish soap and warm water solution, and you’ll be good to go. A scrubber will be necessary to eliminate the stain. Clean until the stain is no longer visible. Rinse it off and dry the area with a dry cloth.
There are different kitchen color schemes with white cabinets. Depending on your taste, you can always get the most appropriate color for your kitchen cabinets. White kitchen cabinets ideas are unique, but you have to beware of the risks. Do proper and regular maintenance to keep them in good shape.
Do you want to do a kitchen renovation? Are you thinking of installing white kitchen cabinets? Leave a comment below.