A large percentage of the population wear or need glasses in some capacity, so purchasing new glasses from time to time is a necessity. However, finding new glasses can be challenging for many people because there are so many options available. There’s also a lot of information about what lenses or frames are the best and how different colors can change an overall look, which can get overwhelming.
Fortunately, there are certain aspects to focus on and tools that can help people find the right glasses. Aspects like style preference, frame color, eyesight needs, and functionality all play a big part in finding a good pair of glasses. Tools like virtual try-on features are a great way to find something that suits you without leaving the comfort of your home.
Style preference for glasses is a personal choice and may change based on the season or style of the person’s outfit. However, the good thing about choosing a new pair of glasses is that there are many styles, ranging from square to oversized.
There are several popular styles of glasses, including:
- Rectangle glasses– This shape is very trendy because of its simplicity. Rectangle glasses are perfect for people with oval, round, or heart-shaped faces.
- Browline glasses– This shape is one of the most popular styles because it takes inspiration from the 50s and 60s. They are perfect for people with longer faces, as they have a very masculine look.
- Cat-eye glasses– This shape carries a confident yet playful aura and suits every face structure for anyone wanting to make a bold statement.
The frame color of a person’s glasses can make a vast difference in their overall look. Sometimes, it can be overwhelming to find the right color, especially since most people choose their favorite color. However, there are a few things people should consider before buying any random pair of glasses.
Skin color and hair color can strongly influence a person’s choice in choosing the right frame color. For example, people with light skin with warm undertones better suit glasses with warm neutrals and saturated shades like brown, red, or purple. In terms of hair color, anyone with warm blond hair can choose various colors, from shades of pink to brown.
Utilize Virtual Tools
There are many tools that people can utilize when it comes to buying new glasses, with virtual try-on being one of them. Anyone can now virtually try on glasses and find the right pair online. Being able to try on any pair of glasses online is an incredible development in technology. This means that most people don’t have to leave the comfort of their home and can shop online by using a feature that accurately shows how the frames will look.
The most important thing a person can do before finding a pair of glasses is to address their eyesight needs. There are many reasons for someone to wear glasses, and finding out the reason should be a priority, as it will be a key factor in the purchasing of glasses.
There are several different types of prescription glasses made for specific uses:
- Single vision– These lenses are the most affordable and common type of glasses. Single vision lenses only correct one vision, so they suit people who are nearsighted, farsighted or have astigmatism.
- Bifocals– Bifocal lenses are multifocal, meaning they correct both distance vision and near vision. They are mainly prescribed for people with presbyopia or myopia.
- Trifocals– Trifocal lenses are similar to bifocals, but they also correct intermediate vision.
- Progressive– Progressive lenses correct vision for anyone who needs either bifocals or trifocals, and the transition between fields of vision is much smoother.
Some other types of glasses include non-prescription like reading glasses, digital protection lenses, safety glasses, and, of course, sunglasses.
Functionality is another big aspect of glasses, as they need to be functional to do their job. Some people might need glasses that convert to sunglasses for their job, while others need them to withstand sports. Many people need blue-light-blocking glasses to prevent screens from damaging their eyes. Though low levels of blue light aren’t considered dangerous, blue light glasses are a great protective measure for anyone using technology often, like college students.
There Are Many Ways to Find the Right Glasses
Whether someone needs a prescription or a non-prescription pair of glasses, there are many ways to find the right pair. By utilizing resources and tools like virtual try-on features and knowing specific eyesight needs, finding the right glasses will be a breeze. Conducting research and getting familiar with one’s facial structure is crucial for finding the right pair of glasses.