One should understand what throat cancer is before looking at its risks and precautions. Throat cancer refers to the multiplication of cancer cells in the throat, which comprises of pharynx, larynx or tonsils. Throat cancer generally beings in the lining of the throat walled with the fat cells.
The symptoms of throat cancer are as follows:
- Severe cough.
- Hoarseness in voice.
- Complexity in swallowing.
- Soreness of throat.
- Loss of weight.
A few healthy habits one should inculcate to prevent throat cancer are as follows:
- Avoid Cigarettes And Tobacco: These are the biggest enemies to your throat and lungs. Chewing tobacco has been proven to form a cancerous growth in the oral cavities and pancreas. Smoking, other than oral cancer, can also cause cancer of the lungs, bladder, cervix, kidneys, among others.
- Have a Healthy Diet: Eating healthy and choosing the right food can certainly prevent cancer; here are a few diet tips one should keep in mind.
- Citrus Fruits And Green Vegetables: Fresh fruits and green, leafy vegetables should regularly be a part of your diet plan. Other than that, whole grains like wheat should be preferred.
- Avoid Cholesterol: Anything that increases fats and obesity in your body should be avoided entirely. Even oily spices like pickles are not recommended. Lighter foodstuffs with fewer calories are encouraged.
- Limit Alcohol: No alcohol is generally preferred, but if you do so, do not allow alcohol to abuse your system and let drinking be moderate and occasional.
- Moderation Of Processed Meats: The cancer agency of the World Health Organization reported that consuming excessively processed meats can lead to higher risks of having throat cancer.
- Vaccinations: The best form of medical prevention is vaccination. Vaccination activated a minor amount of the bacteria that is likely to cause disease, in this case, cancerous cells; which in turn provokes the body to produce antibodies that are mechanically remembered to fight in the future if delivered as a significant disease.
- Safe Sex: Protective sex is incredibly important, and knowing your partner’s medical history before indulging in any form of sexual intercourse should be preferred.
- Needles: The needle’s used of medication or the smallest of things like tattoos should never be shared; it has a high chance of transmitting diseases.
The Best Treatment For Throat Cancer In India:
- Surgery: The tumor is removed from your body by a surgeon.
- Radiation Therapy: It uses high doses of radiation to kill cancer or at least shrink the tumor.
- Chemotherapy: It uses different forms of drugs to kill harmful cells. However, it also has a lot of side effects.
- Immunotherapy: This therapy builds the immune system to fight cancer.
- Hormone Therapy: It targets the hormones that help breast cancer or the prostate to grow.
- Stem Cells Transplant: This therapy generally takes a long time because fresh new cells from a donor are supposed to be found that match with the patient’s stem cells and be implanted in the patient’s body to renew a further growth of cells.
These are the best cancer treatments available in India.