In order to ensure customers form a reliable and steady bond with the services you offer and your brand in general, you need to ensure payment processing is performed seamlessly. After all, at the end of the day, it all depends on whether customers can easily conduct transactions or not. Or else, no matter what the services you offer and how varied your choice, no one is going to go ahead with the checkout process. This is why it is important to go in for secure and prompt payment services that ensure customers can use your app in the best way possible. Here is how to do this.
What exactly is a secure payment service?
A secure payment page is a webpage that ensures you can seamlessly put in your credit/debit card numbers. It is secured via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Your customers need to see that the website they are using is protecting their sensitive information and details. You can check to see if your pay page is secure by conducting the following.
- Right-click anywhere on the payment page
- Head to ‘properties’ and click on ‘details’
- This shows you the security/encryption so check if ‘SSL’ is listed
This puts your mind at ease knowing that you have secure and right payment services on board.
Gain an understanding of how payment gateways work
Secure payment services need the help of a secure payment gateway. Digitally speaking, it is the equivalent to a point of sale terminal in a store. It acts like a secure middleman between the bank account and the customer’s credit card.
When picking secure payment services
Pay attention to these factors when picking secure payment services.
- Understand the reputation and security of the service by seeing that there are no chances of sensitive information leaks and a data breach.
- Take into account the currencies and vendor locations they support by looking at whether international payments and various types of cards are supported.
- Know whether there are any fees in the form of transaction, monthly, or chargeback fees that you need to pay.
- Does the platform provide anti-fraud tools such as 3D Secure and Address Verification System (AVS).
- Understand whether it has its own merchant account as some gateways come with their own merchant account while the others need you to open one yourself.
Other than this, also take into account the kind of checkouts they offer. Know whether they redirect you to different pages constantly or whether the entire payment process takes place on one page itself.
Make your choice wisely
Besides the above-mentioned factors, you can also look at whether they support recurring payments, and offer impeccable customer support. This ensures you can get in touch with them whenever you need their help and assistance.
So there you go, what are you waiting for? Now that you know how to go in for the Payment Gateway Providers, Payment Gateway Solutions, secure payment gateway, secure payment processor, secure payment services