Developed by Microsoft, SharePoint is a major data sharping platform used by more than 200,000 organisations globally. This fact itself gives a hint of how important and sophisticated SharePoint is. Like any other platform in this field of similar significance, SharePoint requires professionals specialised in it. This is why SharePoint engineers and administrators are highly sought-after by companies of various scales.
How would the certification help you?
The job prospects for IT professionals skilled in SharePoint are quite lucrative. Due to the popularity of the platform, finding employment becomes much easier. The certificate obtained through SharePoint online administration training would add value to your profile as a testimony of your skillset and this would naturally give you an edge over other candidates while applying for a job. Professionals skilled at managing SharePoint are known to earn higher remuneration and enjoy greater chances of promotions.
Who should enroll in this course?
The course is for a very specific audience profile: professionals who plan to build a career in data management. Other than them, students pursuing higher studies in this field apply for the course as well in order to gain the valuable knowledge and skills it offers. However, the audience profile mainly consists of:
- SharePoint Administrators: The SharePoint administrators are involved in designing, installing, and maintaining the SharePoint processes. They also perform other important tasks, such as creating security groups, validating the backup and restoration programs, redesigning and migrating SharePoint sites, etc. The course helps to shape their skills better and enhance their capabilities to a great extent.
- SharePoint developers: The SharePoint developers generally focus on configuring and customising SharePoint systems. They also build various scalable web applications, write and modify code and debug software. The developers often guide and train new recruits in the company too. In order to perform all these tasks, it is necessary for them to stay aware of the latest versions and updates of the platform. Hence, SharePoint developers often opt for this course to make sure their skills do not get outdated.
Which are the skills you would earn from completing the SharePoint Online Administration training course?
This course offers quite a comprehensive range of skills that an IT professional would find handy.
- Candidates gain the ability to create a company’s portal structure using SharePoint 2016 sites, lists and libraries.
- Companies need portals to help them with the daily administration of SharePoint 2016 content. The candidates learn to create the guidelines necessary to maintain consistency.
- They would be able to establish roles related to security and permissions.
- Upon completing the course, a professional would be able to use the SharePoint 2016 web parts and pages to enhance the design of the portal of a company.
- They would also learn to preserve existing data and to integrate data from other sources.
The prerequisites for this course include skills in Windows client operating system, Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 2007 or newer. Evidently, the course is worth enrolling for if you plan on building a lustrous career in SharePoint site collection or other related fields.