The automobile sector in India has seen several ups and downs in the past few years. The year 2019 has been the year of slowdown for this industry. Paradoxically, however, the sale and purchase of pre-owned cars has been steadily growing.
It is a marked trend these days among car lovers to purchase used models of sedans and SUVs that are in good condition. There has been a steady demand for well-known models of car manufacturers like Renault, Maruti, Honda, Tata, etc.
Car buyers need to keep this aspect in mind while purchasing new models to: the resale value of the car is very important, so it makes sense to buy a car with less depreciation cost. A car with a low depreciating value is easier to sell at a comparatively higher price as it is in high demand. The resale value of a car depends on various factors like looks, car condition, and the waiting time for new models.
Let’s take a look at which cars were in most demand in the used car market.
The Top Selling Used Cars in 2019
- Maruti Suzuki Swift: The eternal favorite of India since many years, Maruti Swift has been very popular both in the new and used car market. In fact, sales of pre-owned cars have been rising despite new models being launched in the market.
- Renault Kwid: The Kwid too has a large demand, both in the new car market and pre-owned segment. First-time car buyers tend to opt for a used Kwid, and this is one of the major reasons for its high resale value.
- Honda Amaze and Honda City: Buyers do not mind opting for a used model of both these cars, considering that the build quality and after-sales service from Honda are very excellent.
- Maruti Suzuki Brezza: The Brezza has been a major player in the compact SUV market. It sells both in the used and new car market.
- Tata Hexa: Tata Hexa has emerged as a popular sedan in the past few years. There is a high demand for the Hexa and owners seem reluctant to sell their pre-owned cars. A prospective buyer has to wait a fairly long time for purchasing even a used model.
- Mahindra XUV500: Pre-owned XUVs are hot-selling cars on most used car platforms. This SUV has been continually updated with better features that make it a car worth spending money on.
- Toyota Innova: Excellent mileage and tough make distinguish the Toyota Innova as a very in-demand used car model indeed.
Where Can You Get the Best Deal in Used Cars?
And talking of purchase and sale of used cars, what can be a better option than the trusted car sell portal OLX Cash My Car? Do check out local used car dealers for great deals in pre-owned cars. For first-time car buyers, the Indian market offers properly tested and evaluated pre-owned car models that offer the best value for money.
Happy Car Shopping!