The importance of UI and UX design has led to a sharp increase in demand for quality UI and UX design companies in India. But many people still don’t know what professional UI and UX designers do. This blog is all about explaining their work.
For any app or website to be successful in today’s times, it has to satisfy users. User experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) have become two terms of great significance in the world of information technology and UX and UI designers have become among the highest-paid designers in the tech world. But what do they do? The answer to this question is something that many people don’t know.
Read on to know all about the work that UX and UI designers do and how hiring UX design companies in India can deliver many advantages for your business.
The Role of UX Designers
The job of UX designers is to craft the best possible user experience for specific products. Even if a product has great potential of addressing specific customer issues, it will fall flat on its face if it does not manage to connect well with users. This is where UX designers step in and use their creativity to test how well a product satisfies end-users. The following points elaborate on some of the roles and responsibilities assigned to UX designers across the top UX design companies in India:
- The development of task flows and wireframes based on the needs and requirements of end-users.
- To conduct thorough user research and repeated testing to deliver top-notch user experience.
- To collaborate with software developers and other designers for creating user-friendly software.
- To keep a close eye on competitors’ products and learn from the UX elements that they use to drive success.
Here are some of the qualities that an aspiring UX designer must possess:
- An analytical mind to find out the problems that users face in using a particular software or product.
- A creative mind for solving the problems that lead to poor user experience.
- A portfolio of successful technical and UX projects.
The Role of UI Designers
The terms UI designer and UX designer are often used interchangeably these days, but the fact is that they serve different purposes, even though the end-goal is the same; to enhance user experience. UI designers work mostly with the visual aspect of software and the experience that users have from a visual standpoint. Keeping that in mind, let’s take a look at the roles and responsibilities fulfilled by a UI designer:
- Defining the visual experience of a product by collaborating with the engineering and management departments.
- The execution of all stages of the visual design before handing over the responsibility to the engineering department.
- To conceptualize creative and unique ideas to overcome design hurdles in a simple yet effective manner.
- Establishing design standards and best practices.
- To conduct thorough user research and understand users’ problems with regards to the UI.
So, as you can see, apart from conducting user research, all other responsibilities of a UI designer have virtually nothing common with those of a UX designer.
The qualities that a UI designer must have are:
- Creativity for solving unique UI design challenges.
- Ability to use wireframing and visual design tools such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
- A strong portfolio with proven experience in UI design.
Why Hire the Top UX Design Companies in India?
- Increased customer retention through word-of-mouth and ad campaigns.
- Faster and more responsive software and websites.
- Increased brand awareness through recognizable design elements.
- Collaboration with developers leads to enhanced back-end flexibility.
- Greater usability and accessibility that guarantee optimum performance of a specific product.
Due to the plethora of benefits that UI and UX designers provide to businesses, it’s no wonder that the demand for such designers is on the rise. If you as a business owner believe in making your customers happy, you should definitely consider hiring UX and UI designers.