Prostate cancer is a serious disease which affects the prostate gland, a gland in the male reproductive system. It is one of the most common deadly non-skin cancers which affect thousands of men each year. Many prostate cancer symptoms include urinary symptoms as well. The disease is rare before the age of 50s and usually grows very slowly. However, all men, regardless of their age should be concerned about their prostate and maintain a healthy prostate. Diet is very crucial for prostate health. Consider taking a supplement to treat prostate cancer. You may take prostacet health supplement and reduce your risk for prostate problems.
Dealing with a diagnosis? Here are a few things you should know about this deadly condition:
- Causes of Prostate Cancer: There is no known reason what causes cancer. However, there are a number of things which increases the risk of prostate cancer. Following are some of the risk factors which increases the risk of this disease:
- Old age (50 or above): The risk of prostate cancer increases with age.
- Genetic Inheritance: A Family history of prostate cancer may increase your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Dietary factors: A diet rich in meat or intake of more dairy products may increase your risk of developing this cancer.
- Race: Black men are more likely to develop this condition.
- Genetic changes
- Symptoms of Prostate Cancer: In the early stage, it may not have any symptoms. However, as it progresses, symptoms include sexual problems, urinary problems, frequent urination, blood in the urine, or pain and burning during urination. These are some of the common signs and symptoms in the later stages of prostate cancer. You may also experience pain in the lower back, hips or your upper thighs. Most men do not experience any of the symptoms at the earliest stages. Therefore, it is important to protect and maintain prostate health. Eat more vitamins and antioxidants. Maintain a balanced diet and reduce the consumption of dairy products and meat. You may also take a prostate supplement such as prostacet to reduce prostate cancer symptoms and improve overall bladder health.
- Stages of Prostate Cancer: Like many other types of cancer, prostate cancer stage ranges from 1 to 4. At stage 1, the cancer is usually growing. The disease is most advanced in stage 4 and has spread even beyond the prostate.
- Treatment of Prostate Cancer: Prostate cancer can be cured and is 100% treatable when detected and treated at the early stage.The advanced stage of prostate cancer can be treated with the following options:
- Radiation Therapy or Radical Prostatectomy
- Hormone Therapy
- Stereotactic Therapy
- High-intensity ultrasound
- Bone-directed treatment
- Prostate cancer survival rate: If the cancer is diagnosed at an early stage, the survival rate is nearly 99%-100%.
The risk of prostate cancer increases with age. However, you can prevent the risk by eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly. If you think you have any symptoms, schedule appointment with your doctor right away.