There are many personal injury attorneys that can handle your auto accident, slip and fall or related cases. However, when it comes to aircraft accidents, attorneys need to know the specialized facts and laws surrounding these cases.
Many factors could lead to Alaska Aircraft Accidents, including
- Pilot error
- Faulty equipment
- Federal Aviation Administration regulations violations
- Structural or design problems
- Negligence of flight station employees
- Negligence of federal air traffic controllers
- Negligence in a third party’s selection of a carrier.
In addition to crashes, where results are often fatal, the players in the airline industry may be liable for other in-flight injuries from a twisted ankle while walking the cabin to concussions and other more serious injuries resulting from turbulence. As long as you can demonstrate fault, you may be entitled to recover money for your injuries.
While attorneys experienced in Alaska Aircraft Accidents will know the specifics of prosecuting your claims for injuries, these attorneys will also
- require you and them to sign a retainer agreement to define everybody’s rights and responsibilities
- advise as to what you may and may not recover, and the likelihood of each
- advise when you should settle or “roll the dice” at trial
- fully investigation every detail important to your case
- assist you in recovering property damage claims.
They will also know the various statutes related to aircraft accidents in Alaska, such as the fact that you generally have two years to file your negligence claims (“statute of limitations”), that any award may be reduced by any amount a judge or jury believes you are at fault for your injuries (“comparative negligence”), that wrongful death claims have differing rules, and that punitive damages are typically not available in negligence claims, and so on.
Accordingly, if you really want the best chance at success in your claim related to Alaska Aircraft Accidents, it is important to retain lawyers who are well-versed in the law and also have experience in the courtroom and with the other players with whom they will have to work with and against in order to achieve your goals.
For these reasons, retaining the best personal injury attorneys for your Alaska aircraft accident will give you the best chance to recover monies adequate to compensate you for the suffering you endured due to the negligence of the airline carrier or other parties involved.