If you are looking for the best school for your child, there are many reasons for choosing an ib school in Gurgaon that follows the IGCSE program. The IGCSE stands for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education. The curriculum is based on the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), the British curriculum. It has been modified to adapt to the global educational environment. The Cambridge Assessment International Education is the most popular exam board for this program.
Some of the key features of this program that supports reputed IGCSE school in Delhi are as follows:
- The board gives you the option to choose from up to 70 subjects
- There are 30 languages to choose from, allowing students from all corners of the world to study
- It allows students of different ability levels to study
- It is the most popular global qualification in the world for students between 14 and 16
When your child studies from such a school, they will benefit in many ways. It makes it easier to get placed at the national or international level after completing education. It also makes it easier for you to pursue an international education. It also becomes easier to pass tests in the chosen language for studying abroad or emigrating. The curriculum also lays emphasis on developing better skills.
There is a lot more that you should know about before choosing an ib school in Gurgaon for your child. IGCSE offers students many subjects to choose from. The program has been designed to encourage students to develop higher knowledge. It follows a more practical approach at both the teaching and learning levels, compared to other curriculums.
The exam board doesn’t follow the traditional method of testing students using just written papers. Exams are conducted to test different skill areas including the following:
This curriculum has been designed to maintain a balance between the different skill areas. At the same time, it offers an advanced level of flexibility to suit the learning needs of all kinds of students.
Extended & Core Curriculum
Another unique characteristic of the IGCSE program is that it allows the student to choose between core and extended curriculum.
- Core Curriculum: This program is for all kinds of students. This comprises of First and Second Languages, Mathematics, and a choice of Science subjects. Then, there is the option to select one of the additional courses.
- Extended Curriculum: This curriculum allows students to specialize in subjects of interest. This part allows your child to gain more knowledge in a subject and improve the scores.
Given all the benefits mentioned above, there are even more reasons for choosing an IGCSE school in Delhi for your child. Studying in such a school helps encourage your child in developing key educational skills including problem-solving, aural, critical thinking, teamwork, and investigative skills among others. The curriculum is globally recognized and is offered in over 140 countries. Thus, choosing this program for your child can open endless educational opportunities in the future, while providing comprehensive and all-around education.