The future is here and is going to be dominated by technologies. Change is happening at the speed of thought. The future will be marked by institutions which are technology-intensive. Many studies have shown that future jobs will be created in domains which are completely unheard. Students and educational institutions have to brace up for the future and not push it ahead. What seemed like evolution has actually morphed into a revolution, and very soon one will have to catch pace with the world or be left behind.
Educational institutions are completely dismayed at the scale of change they should be looking at as the new-age technologies call for a complete revamp of the existing systems, curriculum, and operations. It is not just the cost factor but also the human resources which need to be considered. Education is all set for a paradigm shift, and if the system is serious about making children ready for the job market going forward in 2025, it is high time the management of the educational institutions takes suitable steps and incorporates the latest tech disruptions.
Key Technologies at work in Education
It has always been the primary aim of education to bring the right information in the most suitable manner and at the right time. Each element had played a critical role in the traditional education systems and has been well handled by the learned teachers apart from the time factor as there was always a lag which was seen when a discovery was made and when it actually reflected in the textbooks. However, the whole dynamics have changed with the advent of technologies like Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, etc. Students are now able to access completely new and quality resources which have taken education to a new level.
There are few technologies mentioned here:
- Cloud Computing: The future of education also lies in the cloud. As per a research carried out by the Technavio, the market for cloud computing across the globe will witness a growth of more than 25% as many educators have increasingly adopted the technology to improve productivity and the complete learning experience. Cloud technology has completely rooted out the need for textbooks in many cases, which are in many ways outdated. This has also reduced the cost burden on students who had to shell-out a hefty amount buying textbooks which were not even updated. Cloud technology has successfully addressed both the problems as digital books are lesser in cost and also completely up-to-date. Students are also able to access their coursebooks, sample exam papers, books, etc. anytime. Data can be accessed across a range of electronic devices.
- Virtual Reality: Virtual reality helps the students to explore the realities of the world virtually in a virtual environment to get a better and comprehensive view of the same. It has found applications in many sectors, especially in education, where students had to hitherto only rely on textbooks and images to imagine what was being discussed. Virtual systems have opened new vistas where students can now perceive what they are being taught experimentally. Many difficult concepts are being easily transformed into a virtual world to foster learning. Students are thus able to get high-impact learning experiences.
- Augmented Reality: This is considered a close friend of the virtual reality as it has changed the way education was imparted. It is a mode by which the reality is enhanced and is presented by sights and sounds produced by the computer. The whole experience becomes very enriching as one can also interact with it. It is a promising technology in the education sector as the students can interact with the real world, develops a curious mindset, and promotes creativity and imagination.
- Big Data: Big Data has been proven to be highly helpful to the educators to assess students by capturing very minute details of the students like their facial expressions while learning, distinct physical movements and even the social interactions. This helps in a complete evaluation of the mindset of the student. The Big Data based on the inputs has also led to the designing of the customized curricula with more targeted learning outcomes. Students can also learn the tasks at a comfortable pace. It can also be used for earmarking problem areas of the students by tracking their progress and achievement.
- Artificial Intelligence: It is a common phenomenon in many universities that students get enrolled but do not complete their degree. There is a heavy drop-out rate. Artificial Intelligence systems can help plug that widening gap by detection of the key patterns and hence, reasons for the trend. Educators can work on these suggested reasons to design better and more engaging curricula. Also, various speech-to-text technologies are also found to be very helpful in education.
- Smartboards: These have been around for quite some time, and their significance can be gauged by their popularity as they have proved themselves to be highly engaging as much different learning styles of students as it has custom learning experiences for students.
- Blockchain: It is also known as the Distributed Ledger Technology is highly secure, decentralized, and transparent. Blockchain technology provides options for cost-effective options for cloud storage and for securing record transfers of the students. In the future, Blockchain will soon enter the Massive Open Online Courses and even ePortfolios for verification of skills and even the knowledge gained.
- Adaptive Learning: This is seen as a sophisticated mode of personalized learning where the learning sources and instructions are adapted to the abilities of the student. The current learning level of the student is gauged by various algorithms, and a tailored program can be made, which is best suited to the student.
Education and the way learning is done has undergone tremendous change over the years, and with the advent of newer technologies this will also take up a new and faster pace. From customized learning methods to smartboards, Blockchain, Cloud computing, etc. the future is loaded with many surprises. Students now can not only read the information but can have live experience using virtual and augmented reality. This has a huge impact on their imagination, which is highly stimulated. JanBask Training brings you many courses on most of these technologies. So do contact us and share your thoughts in the comments section below.