Putting together a wholesome, delicious meal for your family can be easier than you think. All you need to do is focus on healthy recipes containing essential nutrients such as vitamins, fats, proteins, carbohydrates, and fiber. Then, choose a healthy cooking method.
If your children are picky about what they eat and are only interested in junk food, we have healthy recipes that they’ll find hard to resist. These dishes are not only nutritious and easy to make, but they’re also delicious.
Before we dive into the list, make sure that you have the best charcoal grill you can find for your backyard barbecues. For our first recipe today, however, we’ll be using a pan grill to make spicy grilled tofu.
1. Cajun-Spiced Grilled Tofu
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 6 slices
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1½ tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grilling
1½ tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon cajun spice powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Wrap the tofu block with a layer of paper towels then press it between two plates. Let the tofu sit for about 15 minutes, with a heavy bag of flour weighing down the top plate. Then slice it into six pieces.
- Mix olive oil, cajun spice powder, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, and honey in a medium bowl.
- Rub the tofu with the marinade then leave it for 15 minutes.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat then drizzle it with 1½ tablespoons of olive oil. Put the tofu slices on the pan and arrange them diagonally.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. When you see grill marks on the tofu, flip them and cook the other side.
- Serve with grilled vegetables.
It is one of the healthy grill recipes you can use as an alternative to burgers and other less nourishing foods.
2. Easy Instant Pot Butter Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
14.5 ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup heavy cream
2 cups fully cooked rice
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh lime juice
How to Make
- In a multi-cooker, stir tomatoes, garlic, ginger, garam masala, and salt together. Put the chicken into the mixture and cover the cooker. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When it’s ready, press ‘cancel’ on the multi-cooker and allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken into a plate and shred it using two forks, then cover with foil.
- Program the cooler to ‘saute,’ and once the sauce begins to bubble, add butter until it melts completely.
- Add cream and simmer for two minutes. Press’ cancel’ then put the chicken back into the sauce.
- Serve over rice with cilantro, lime juice, and naan bread.
It is one of the easy healthy recipes that takes a short time to prepare, making it the perfect substitution for non-nutritive takeout food.
3. Wild Salmon Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
14.5 ounce can wild Alaskan salmon
¼ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
2 tablespoons relish
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Bread, cucumbers, or crackers for serving
- Drain the salmon, then mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well while mashing to crush the salmon bones and combine the flavors.
- Serve with toast.
A Healthy Family
Collect several healthy breakfast recipes to ensure that your family can maintain good eating habits throughout the day. So, what are some healthy recipes you’ve been using, and why does your family love them?