“Mirror, mirror on the wall, why are you so fantastic as compared to all?” Mirrors have always been an essential part of our home décor. From the fairy tales to the palaces, the medieval type villas to the twenty-first century condos, you just can’t imagine a complete home without a mirror. But remember, a mirror isn’t only used to view your reflection just like we all believed during our childhood. It’s actually a fabulous addition to the aesthetics of home and can be played up or down to create myriad décor effects.
Amazing Designing Tips Around Mirrors for a Classy and Functional Home Décor!
Mirrors are called a decorator’s most powerful weapon. From creating better lights to adding drama to your home and getting magnificent reflections and images of the focal areas, they do all the incredible tasks in the most promising way. But the thumb rule to make this happen is getting great looking, right-sized mirrors from the best furniture stores in Auckland, Luxe Living promises to deliver such fascinating looking mirrors to you from their classy furniture showroom. Now, you just require creating alluring designs using mirrors by following the guidelines below:
- Brighten a room’s light with mirrors — Do you feel that your room is too gloomy? Now just get a good-sized mirror of a nice shape near the window. This mirror will harness the natural light coming from outside to make the room brighter and even larger. (P.S. – If you don’t have a window, you can place a mirror strategically around a source of illumination like a lamp to create that dramatic glowing effect in your room).
- Hide the architect’s mistakes — Do you have a ceiling that is not too perfect or too much space between furniture and the wall? Mirrors can be the best solution to create an illusion in the room and hide these mistakes. Just place it opposite such spaces, and the mirror will do the rest!
- Let a mirror be a focal point — If you don’t own an extraordinary collector’s item that you can call a focal point, a decorative vast mirror can fill in this gap. Also, if you have a fireplace as a focal point or large vase with blooming flowers, have the mirror just opposite it and see the reflection of the captivating flames or vibrant flowers uplifting the mood of the entire room.
- No windows? Fret not – make a mirror a window — If you have a room without a window and you miss its bright effect and presence, just shape and design your mirrors as windows and place them in the wall where you think a window could be present. It will give your room dazzling beauty, and when the lights are switched on, the effects shall be magical.
- Mirrors to double your space — Is your room or washroom very small? A mirror on one side of the wall creates a fantastic illusion which makes the room look bigger in size.
Apart from these, mirrors are an excellent source of creating symmetrical designs in the interiors and can also glam up your exterior with its presence. So, which design idea impressed you the most?