Are you seeking home improvement ideas in Texas that will boost your property value? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the correct place! There are many bright and daring ideas floating around that can change your entire room into an oasis ready to be offered on the market!
And in this blog article, we’ll go through a variety of home repair projects that can help you boost the value of your property. We can help you with everything from updating your kitchen to adding a new deck to your property.
So, what are you holding out for? Continue reading for additional home renovation ideas!
1. Change things around your kitchen!
Kitchen upgrades, whether large or small, are a wonderful way to boost your property value. According to the renowned Remodeling magazine, depending on the renovation design and style, the materials chosen, and where you reside, you might expect to recuperate between 50% and 80% of your capital in a kitchen remodel.
Minor kitchen modifications involve practices such as:
- Contemporary backsplash integration
- Cabinet refurbishments
- Lighting fixture updates
- Island countertop installation
- Storage expansion
- Faucet upgrades
Among the major kitchen modifications are,
- Cabinet and top remodel
- wood, ceramic, or composite tiling installation
- Increasing windows, floor space, doors, and other openings
- High-end appliances investment
- Indulging in additional dining, storage, and living space
When considering a kitchen redesign, consider your renovation budget while keeping the room functional and connected to the rest of your home.
For example, if you live in a historic home with a strong antique vibe, a modern commercial kitchen outfitted with manufacturing machinery may look out of place and turn off potential buyers.
2. Upgrade or add an exterior patio and/or deck!
Adding or remodeling an external deck or patio is yet another home improvement idea that may add both quality and pleasure to your property. This is an excellent project throughout all the great seasons.
Remodeling Magazine estimates that you can anticipate repaying 70% to 90% of your investment in a brand-new patio or terrace, making it among the good bounce for the ounce home renovation projects.
When planning your deck, be sure to mind:
- Shaping and sizing
- The material composition of the structure (wood, brick, composite, etc.)
- The designated location (backyard, front yard, or side)
- The geographical and structural orientation (sunlight, privacy, shady)
- Other features like built-in seating, planters, pergolas, etc.
3. Give your bathroom some big upgrades!
Bathroom renovations are another home improvement idea that can boost your property value and make it more appealing to prospective investors.
Being dependent on the startup, you might want to think about the following initiatives:
- Upgrading tubs, shower doors, showerheads, mirrors, and such
- Flooring, repainting, tile upgrading
- Enhancing storage capacity
- Lighting fixture enhancements
Another option is to add an ensuite bathroom to your home, especially if you only have one. Homes with several restrooms are in limited supply in the property market, and you’ll love how efficient they are.
A common method for integrating a toilet is to construct an adjacent hookup to the master room or to convert a cabinet or other unused space on the top level into a half-bathroom. However, keep in mind that constructing a bathroom or developing a master suite in a new, underutilized space can rapidly become expensive and may not result in a significant increase in your house value.
4. Give substantial attention to your roofing, gutters, and exterior siding!
Updating the roofing, guttering, and exterior siding are common home repair jobs that may significantly improve the visual appeal and property value. You should expect to recover 45% to 80% of your investment in a novel roof, according to the materials used and the scale of the renovation.
Gutter and siding improvements, in addition, will most likely be a little less expensive and offer a smaller ROI, but they are nonetheless worth considering, particularly if your home’s existing drains and siding are in poor condition.
Signs that you need a roof repair or replacement:
- Curling, missing or cracked roof shingles
- Attic and basement leakage
- Saggy, faulty, and/ or slowly separating gutters
- Peeling or blistering of existing paint layers
Consider power cleaning and repainting or staining your home’s gutters and siding if they are in decent shape but could use a facelift. These are low-cost renovations that can dramatically improve the appearance of your home.
If you want to invest in roofing contractors to transform your roofing and gutter system, then go right down to a Mighty Dog Roofing Contractor serving North Austin, TX! They specialize in commercial and residential roofing, guttering, siding, and skylight repair and replacement.
5. Opt for energy-efficient enhancements.
Homebuyers are becoming more interested in energy conservation, and there is a range of home renovations that can make your property more desirable in this aspect while also proceeding to boost your property value.
Some energy-efficient home improvement ideas include:
- Investing in solar-powered appliances
- Upgrading windows into energy-efficient models
- Upgrading to a tankless water heater
- Updating insulation throughout the home’s system
Making your property more energy-efficient will not just increase its appeal to potential customers, but will also assist you in saving money on utility bills.
Speaking of which, tv cables still work these days. If you’re into the classics, there’s nothing wrong with considering this kind of technology. Home setups may be needing some of your attention though. For instance, do TV aerials work in lofts? That might be worth looking into.
6. Transform the unused areas of your living space!
Unfinished basements and attics might be a turnoff for purchasers, but these rooms can also be very useful. You may increase the value of your property while also enhancing its appeal to purchasers by renovating these spaces or converting them into useful home areas.
Some ideas for unused space transformation include:
- Addition of an extra bathroom or bedroom
- Home office construction
- Kids’ playroom development
- Home gym integration
- Finishing the basement as a den or family room
Whatever you decide to accomplish with the excess living space, make absolutely sure that any changes adhere to local construction requirements. Ignoring doing so may cause issues when it comes time to sell the house.
There are numerous home improvement ideas that can boost your property value, but not all of them are built on equal footing. Some improvements, such as installing a restroom or finishing an unfinished cellar, will add more value than other projects. Others, such as adding energy-efficient solar panels or panes, will appeal to buyers who want to save money on their utility bills.
Whatever home renovation projects you choose to do, do your homework and speak with a real estate agent in the Texas market to determine which ones may add the most value to your property. Best wishes!