Learn How Liver Cancer Affects Life–
Over the years, we have heard the word cancer and have known of friends and relatives who have succumbed to this Deadly Disease. To avoid any form of cancer, we have all in some way or the other tried to make lifestyle changes at some point in our lives. It is not always easy because sometimes, the healthiest of people also fall prey to Cancer. Liver cancer prevention is a long shot, if you’re lucky you may be able to prevent it. And as we know it, Liver cancer does not discriminate. It can affect anyone at any point, without any warning. So, the most asked question arises of whether or not there a cure for liver cancer. The answer is that to date there is no cure but people do recover from the disease. But even though the treatment is a 100% success, there is a chance of relapse.
The liver is responsible for filtering out all toxins so for cancer cells to directly affect the liver may not always be possible. It is generally passed on from another part of the body where one may have cancer. Let’s go through this in detail.
What are Some of the Liver Cancer Signs and Symptoms?
Mostly there are not many symptoms, but some people do experience the following signs:
Experience of pain, swelling, or tenderness in the upper right section of the abdomen
- Weight loss problems
- Sudden loss of appetite
- Body itching
- Swelling of the legs
The more Advanced Stage of Cancer Causes the Following Liver Cancer Symptoms–
- Mental confusion
- Pain in the abdomen due to an enlarged spleen
- Development of skin lesions
If you or anyone around you witnesses any of these symptoms, contact your healthcare professional immediately to initiate treatment.
Liver Cancer Stages–
Depending on the liver cancer stage, the treatment plan will differ for patients with the disease. Patients must know the stage they are at.
- Stage I: In this stage, the single primary tumor would not have grown into any blood vessels and has not spread to nearby lymph nodes or far-off sites.
- Stage II: In this stage, the single primary tumor would have grown into the blood vessels, or several small tumors will be present. Cancer would not have spread near or far.
- Stage III: This stage is divided into 3 categories-
- Stage III A: In this stage, many tumors would have been found, and at least one will be larger than 5 cms. Here again, the chance of the spread of cancer is almost nil.
- Stage III B: In this stage, many tumors would have been found, and at least one tumor will be growing into a branch and cancer would not have spread anywhere else.
- Stage III C: The tumor would have grown into a nearby organ, or the tumor has grown into the outer covering of the liver. Mostly, there is no spread of cancer.
- Stage IV: In this stage, cancer would have spread to nearby lymph nodes and may grow into nearby blood vessels or organs. Advanced liver cancer does not often metastasize, but when it does, it is most likely to spread to the lungs and bones. Stage IV liver cancer is not easy to beat and will need constant monitoring. So if you’re wondering whether can liverCancer be cured in the last stage, then the answer is most likely no.
Liver Cancer Treatment–
Post liver cancer diagnosis, treatment is possible and many have beaten this deadly disease. As we know, surgically removal of the tumor is one way to tackle the disease. Chemotherapy and radiation are the other options doctors recommend to patients and also guide them in the decision-making process. Along with these treatment options, regular medication is also prescribed.
Liver Cancer Causes–
Often, pre-existing conditions like obesity, fatty liver diseases, cirrhosis, Hepatitis are the underlying causes of liver cancer. In the case of fatty liver disease, if treated at its nascent stages, it can curb the progression of the disease and prevent it from becoming as serious as cancer.
Liver Cancer Outlook–
Depending on the stage and advancement of the disease, the liver cancer outlook can be established. Once cancer hits a person, it can be days, months, or years before they succumb to the disease. Early detection provides a better chance for longer survival in comparison to the disease being detected at a later stage.
Diet for Liver Cancer or the Right Food for Liver Cancer–
No matter what the disease, a healthy diet can help you gain all the energy you need to beat it. It is not always easy to eat right, because we all know what the news of disease can do to us. Nevertheless, to fight it, a well-balanced diet should be consumed. In fact, your doctor will put together the foods you may or may not consume.
Foods Not to Eat If You Have Liver Cancer–
If you suffer from liver cancer and are wondering what foods to avoid with cancer then make sure to cut foods high in salt, alcohol, and sugary foods.
The foods you should eat are lean proteins, fruits and vegetables, whole grains, ginger, healthy fats that are found in fish oils, avocados, and a ton of water.
Liver Cancer is not a disease you can beat easily but it surely can be taken care of with the right treatment plan and a healthy diet. Also what one should keep in mind is that the news of the disease itself can affect people mentally. In fact, it also puts a strain on the caregivers around you. Having a positive outlook and changing your perspective towards living can help a great deal. To make things easier, acceptance should be the first step one takes towards fighting this disease. And for now, there may be no cure, but we do not know what the future holds. So we should stay positive and know that indeed there is light at the end of the tunnel.