Skincare is at least one minimum kit that everyone should have since, depending on the skin type, the skin needs frequent washing and moisturizing. With the number of different skincare products that have appeared over the past few decades, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to focus on your skin’s needs and pick up a daily routine for health and beauty. We’ve put up this extensive guide to help you navigate the range of items.
What are the Types of Care Cosmetics?
Firstly, there are four main stages of skin care and three more optional ones – those that are not necessary for everyone or are not required in principle. The main stages are:
- Cleansing: Cleansers remove makeup residue, dust, and dead cells accumulated during the day. For this purpose, makeup remover and cleanser are used separately, because, for example, micellar water must be washed off with water after use.
- Toning: Toners prepare the skin for the next stage of care by balancing its acidity and soothing it. In addition, most toning products additionally tighten pores and strengthen the skin.
- Moisturizing: Moisturizing products saturate the skin with moisture and “seal” it inside. Moisturizers should be selected depending on your skin type and season.
- Nourishment: Nourishing products are designed to saturate the skin with the microelements it needs and give it a velvety texture. In addition, nourishing creams, serums, and masks also restore the lipid balance of the skin, allowing it to renew itself normally.
Since there are different types of skin and its condition, basic care should be selected in accordance with the individual characteristics of the skin. Thus, there are special lines of care cosmetics for mature, dry, problematic, oily, and normal skin and skin with special needs. Speaking of special needs, we can’t help but talk about additional care products that may not be necessary for some categories of women, but many will definitely need them in their cosmetic bags. The German company lr health & beauty can provide you with excellent natural products, go to luxuryhealthbeauty.com and find out more.
- Protective – protection against ultraviolet radiation, weathering, and the effects of free radicals;
- whitening – cosmetics that eliminate age spots and lighten skin tone;
- anti-aging – special products aimed at nourishing the skin and lifting it.
- Storage and the right choice of care cosmetics
Products from different health and beauty distributors should be kept according to their composition and use for optimal performance. Cosmetics may hurt if stored improperly.
Basic Skincare Products
Basic goods match the care steps. Their regular usage keeps skin healthy and young. Washing and applying cream alone is not adequate, regardless of skin type. We’ll list every girl’s essential skincare items below.
- For Makeup Removal
Remove makeup first. After returning home, washing your face won’t remove makeup. Micellar water or hydrophilic oil removes makeup by combining it with leftover particles. While washing, remove makeup remover and dead skin cells.
- For Washing Your Face
Foams, gels, milk – all these products are designed to effectively and thoroughly cleanse the skin of dead skin cells, dust, and remnants of makeup remover. This stage of care is considered to be the most important, as it creates the basis for the correct use of all subsequent products.
- For Toning
Toning products, such as lotions and tonics, are necessary to restore the skin’s acid balance and give it additional elasticity. This step should not be neglected, as it is responsible for the basic preparation of the skin for the application of active products.
As a rule, serums enhance the effect of masks and creams that are applied after them. These products are also useful on their own, especially if they contain high concentrations of active ingredients. Serums should be chosen especially carefully for your skin type, as the active ingredients have different effects on different people.
- Face Creams
The ideal option is to have both a day and a night cream. Daytime is best suited for moisturizing and protecting the skin, and nighttime is best suited for nourishing and fully restoring it. In addition, there are special creams that target specific problems: acne, oily skin, and rosacea.
- Creams for eyelids
Lack of glands and subcutaneous fat makes eyelid skin thin and fragile. It requires careful attention. An eye cream might irritate. Nourishing and relaxing eye cream is best.
Masks are applied to cleansed and prepared skin for up to half an hour. Each mask is aimed at a specific effect – soothing, lifting, smoothing, rejuvenating, or deep moisturizing. There are masks in the format of creams, gels, peeling masks, and fabric masks – you should choose one to your liking, taking into account the needs of your skin.
The set of the above products seems voluminous, but in fact, all of these products effectively maintain skincare health and beauty at every stage of care. You can save money on some products by choosing more budget-friendly formulations at a health and beauty shop, and some products, such as serums or specialized creams, should be selected not by price but by the presence of the necessary ingredients in the composition.