IT jobs in Dubai are aplenty as the UAE has a thriving software industry.
Numerous multinational IT companies have set up shop here to take advantage of the robust business environment. The government has facilitated its growth by removing barriers and trade embargoes that stifle development.
UAE offers free economic zones and a lot of incentives to businesses.
Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah are the main software hubs with plenty of software jobs in Dubai available.
The names of prominent multinational software companies in UAE read like a who’s who of the international IT industry.
The list includes:
- Microsoft Gulf,
- Lotus Technologies,
- Sun Microsystems,
- Cisco, and
- Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC).
In addition, jobs in Dubai are also offered by local software firms such as EMITAC, Netventures, Dubai-Online, Gulf-Computers, Emirates Computers, ITS, Cyber-Gear, and Emirates Info Tech. Apart from them, numerous leading Indian software companies have their offices in UAE including Paraminfo which offer plenty of opportunities for Indian professionals to pursue careers in Dubai.
So, if you have a master’s or bachelor’s in software engineering and the requisite skill sets and experience, apply today for IT jobs in Dubai.
Salaries for Software Engineers in Dubai
Software jobs in Dubai are sought after,
- As a software engineer in Dubai can get an initial annual salary of AED 120K to 180K which can easily rise to AED 376K to 753K after five years of service.
- A person with about 20 years of work experience can get a whopping yearly package of around AED 1,600K.
- A fresher’s starting salary depends on the organization’s stature and size, and the person’s training, certification, and skills.
According to another website,
- A starter Software Engineer can get an average total package (including bonus, overtime pay, and tips) of AED 78.7K. With 1 to 4 years of experience, the pay packet goes up to AED 103.6K.
- A software engineer with 5 to 9 years experience can earn about AED 161.7K. For 10 to 19 years of experience, the salary is about AED 168.3K.
- Finally, those with more than 20 years of experience can gain an annual pay package of AED 216K.
Other Incentives to Work in Dubai
Besides the good salary, here are other reasons why you should consider jobs in Dubai. The city is very cosmopolitan and offers a variety of people, cuisines, and cultures. You’ll have the opportunity to work with professionals from many nationalities and learn from their best traits. Plus, you can know about other religions and races too. The crime rate is negligible and you can safely bring over your family to reside here.
No Income Tax
Another good reason to consider careers in Dubai is that the government does not levy any income tax or retirement insurance. Your employer will pay for your health insurance without any deduction from your pay package.
A good company also offers other benefits such as an annual return ticket to your native country. If you wish to stay back and work, you can try asking for the amount in cash. Plus, many established companies also provide allowances for housing, and car and petrol.
If you decide to leave your job, you can claim a gratuity settlement equal to a month’s salary if you have worked for the company for 2 years at least. For 1 to 2 years service, you can get a gratuity of 50% of your pay. This gives you the incentive to work for a long time for the same company, as it will qualify you for higher gratuity settlement at the end of your tenure.
As per UAE law, all companies need to provide health insurance to their employees. In addition, women staff can get maternity coverage that will pay for their expenses during the pregnancy and delivery.
Cost of Living
The cost of living is high in Dubai and you need to shell out sizeable sums for accommodation, food, transport, entertainment, and other expenses. Thus, jobs in Dubai are ideal for only single persons especially if they are in the early stage of their career. You can save as much as possible and also send money back to support your family in your home country.