Search Engine Optimization is one of those factors that affect the reach and revenue that one can generate from their website. This is why it is very important for web designers to make websites that can offer a great sense of SEO so that the client for whom the website is being made gets a complete advantage. One of the most common aspects that are to be considered while designing a website is Google SERPs. The reason behind this is that almost 90% of the organic traffic of a website is generated via Google.
Today in this article we are going to talk about 9 SEO tips that anyone can easily follow to make their website rank higher on the search results. So, let’s get started.
- Overall Compatibility: There is nothing more troublesome than having a website which is not compatible with all the browsers and device platforms. Thus, for any SEO expert, it is important to keep a check on the overall compatibility of the web design. If this is not fixed in the right manner than the developers might have to change several coding later on which will increase the burden.
- Short and catchy URLs: This might be too minute to consider but having an URL that is more of a tongue twister will scare the prospective audience away from the webpage quite easily. Thus, it is important to make sure that the URLs are extremely compact and are unique with no jump overs.
- Never practice duplicity of content: Copying content from a top ranking website and then publishing it on another website with some basic changes is regarded as Duplicate content. Despite the fact that there is no such penalty for duplicating a content unless a complaint is lodged by the creator of the original article, there are several issues that one might have to face is they use Duplicate content. The issues that we are referring to is that as soon as the duplicate article start to rank in the top search results, Google will start to use the URL of the content which came first chronologically. Thus, the results will not include your content.
- Smart Internal Linking: Internal linking is one of the smartest tricks that a web designing company will offer your website. When a reader is going through your article, there are times when they want to know more about certain major topics. So, for websites that relate to the description of various topics or for an E-commerce website, this can work wonders as it will help the audience to navigate inside the website easily.
- Keep distance from Keyword Stuffing: For those who are not SEO Experts, this is one of the common mistakes that they might be making with their website content. Surely, Keywords offer great help in ranking higher in the google rankings. But, in case of excessive use of keywords, the page is considered as a marketing stunt and thus search engines leave them while showing results.
- Optimizing Images: This might be a completely alien concept for some but optimizing Images can be a great aspect of ranking higher. For this, all a web designer needs to look out for is the size and resolution of the image which is used that are 50 – 100Kb and 72dpi respectively.
- Setup XML Sitemap: While a search engine is crawling, one of the factors that can make your content and web page rank higher is XML Sitemap. These help the site to pass on more data to the search engine crawler, making it rank higher.
- Manual Replies: Having a bot that can interact with the comments on the content can be a great way to deal with the audience but, manual replies are the best. Thus, taking some time off to revert back on the comments can create a great difference in the Search Engine Optimisation.
- Use of Robots.txt: When a website is being restructured, there are several pages that are being changed and hence are not to be crawled. So, if you want to save your crawling budget, then using Robots.txt for such cases can be a great alternative.
So, these are the 9 easy tips that will help your website to become more SEO friendly. Following these will offer you great results and better audience traffic. Also, it is always advised to look out for an SEO company and Web designing company to make sure that the website lives up to its potential.