What Is Burping?
Burping (or Belching, Ructus, or Eructation) is the release of air or gas from the stomach and esophagus through the mouth. It is a normal condition that influences a third of the world’s population every year.
What Causes Burping?
Burping occurs when the stomach fills with swallowed air. There are a lot of reasons why more air than normal may be ingested. The most common reasons are:
- Eating food too fast
- Drink carbonated beverages
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Gallbladder stones
- Hiatus hernia
- Intestinal infection
Burping is normally associated with a typical sound and an odor as well. Sometimes, you may also have abdominal pain that can vary from mild to sharp.
How Can Burping Be Prevented?
You may be able to prevent this condition by:
- Chewing food more slowly
- Stop chewing gum
- Stop drinking sugar or carbonated drinks
- Avoid eating any foods or drinks that make you feel bloated.
- Consuming probiotic-rich foods or taking probiotic supplements
- Avoid anxious situations
How To Eliminate Burping?
Burping (or belching) is not a serious problem but it could be uncomfortable and embarrassing at times. This article will show you the top effective ways to deal with burping fast and safely.
One of the most effective ways for getting rid of digestive disorders and gastrointestinal diseases, ginger can be useful for treating and preventing problems with belching. Many studies have suggested that ginger with its carminative properties can help to relieve flatulence and bloating.
In addition, it improves your digestion, calms cramping stomach and helps bring relief from the abdominal pain.
- Cut a fresh ginger into very thin slices
- Put them in hot water and cover for 10 minutes
- Strain and then add a little honey and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice for taste
- Consume this solution 2 or 3 times every day
Peppermint is also a herbal solution to treat and prevent burping. Due to its antispasmodic action, it can help relax muscles in your digestive tract and allow the trapped intestinal gas to pass.
- Put ½ tablespoon of dried peppermint or fresh leaves in a cup of hot water.
- Cover and wait for 10 minutes
- Consume this solution 2 or 3 times every day to get the best results.
Chamomile is one of the most effective ways to deal with burping. It is a herb that has been used as a traditional medicine for various digestive disorders, including burping and bloating.
According to a 2007 study, regular chamomile tea drinking can help treat problems like stomach flu, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramping.
- Pour boiling water into a cup of water and put a chamomile tea bag
- Sip the hot tea slowly
- Use this home remedy 2 – 3 times a day for at least 4 – 5 days to get rid of burping.
4. Fennel Seeds
In addition to treating some oral-related problems such as cure for dry mouth, the fennel seeds have been used for many thousands of years to treating the embarrassing problem of burping. The carminative properties present in it can soothe your stomach and keep your digestive tract running smoothly.
- Pour one tablespoon of crushed fennel seeds in a cup of boiling water.
- Wait for 8 – 10 minutes and then drink it slowly
- Repeat this process twice a day until you notice a difference
5. Anise seeds
Recent studies have suggested that the components in anise seeds (or aniseed) can help control stomach wind and ease the discomfort of burping.
In addition, they are also useful for gas, bloating, vomiting and chronic diarrhea.
- Pour one teaspoon of anise seeds in one cup of boiling water.
- Allow it to steep for about 12 minutes, then strain it
- Consume this solution twice a day until the symptoms disappear.
Packed with probiotic properties, yogurt is also considered one of the most powerful remedy to treat bloating and burping. Moreover, it can help keep the balance in the eternal battle between “good” and “bad” bacteria in the gut.
Burping (or belching) occurs due to excessive intake of air while eating or drinking. Yogurt is helpful to subsidize the air during your digestion process and then burping will not happen.
Consume 1 or 2 cups of yogurt daily then you will feel better.
In many cases, burping can cause abdominal muscle spasms. Asafetida is very effective in getting rid of that abdominal muscle spasms and reducing the discomfort in the stomach.
Did you know that many experts around the world say that regular asafetida consumption can boost your immunity and digestive health fast and safely. Also, the antiflatulent properties found in it can help ease stomach aches caused by intestinal and abdominal gas.
- Mix one teaspoon of asafetida in a glass of warm water
- Stir it
- Consume this solution slowly two or three times every day
- Repeat this simple home remedy for at least one week to get rid of this condition.
burping, how to eliminate burping