Every traveller loves to explore. So, what’s the next destination on your travel? Well, before you set your foot on the favourite tourist destination, make sure to stay away from allergies which are common during travelling. So, how to stay away from such a situation?
What is travel Netipot?
If you are travelling by air, there are high chances to suffer from dry sinuses or worse, a sinus infection. Again, if you travel by road or train your dust allergy can get worse. A travel netipot is one of the most popular remedies that travellers switch to as it helps in the prevention of stuffy and dry nose. Neti Pots helps in flushing out the mucus that causes blockage. Neti pots are a form of nasal irrigation devices that prevents congestion and also alleviate facial pain. When these devices are paired with standard sinus treatment, users can experience one of the effective ways of relieving the symptoms.
Various purposes a netipot is used
A night full of snores is certainly annoying for others especially when you are travelling. A neti pot purchase can help you stay away from nasal blockages and promote quieter sleep. A neti pot is also recommended for people who are:
- Suffering from allergies – prone to allergic reactions caused by dust, pet dander, and pollen.
- Suffering from common seasonal cold
- Visiting areas with poor air quality
Neti pots are also recommended for pregnant women as nasal congestion and swelling are common during this period. This happens when the volume of blood is increased.
How to use a neti pot?
Travel Netipot is certainly the best consideration while travelling but there are certain things which should be kept in mind:
- Always use distilled or sterile water.
- Consider tilting your head sideways and insert the spout on the upper nostril.
- Breathe through your mouth and gently pour the saltwater through the nostril so that it can drain through the lowered nostril.
- Repeat the same process on the other side as well.
- Sterilize the device after each use and let it air-dry in an open space.
What makes a good neti pot?
- A Neti pot purchase can prove to be valuable if it fits easily in your pocket. Also, make sure that the material is non-fragile. Neti pots that are made of virgin plastic are strong and durable. You can use it for a long time.
- A neti pot must be perfectly sealed with an accurate conical shape at the tip so that it can be easily inserted inside the nostril of any size.
Always, keep it in mind that a neti pot is not a substitute for medical treatment. It can give you support in times of crisis, especially you are travelling a long distance. Seek medical attention if the nasal blockage turns chronic. However, you can use a neti pot at the earliest to prevent further development of congestion whether or not, you are travelling. It can mitigate the issue making your journey smooth sailing.