There are growing number of suggestion based interferences for use by community and public health professionals to promote health and prevent disease. In fact, these practices have the perspective to improve behaviors, environments and health outcomes in our community, Steven Cavellier says.
The public health agencies and community partners require additional tools and tactics to adopt these practices. Furthermore, they also need advanced training in order to enhance their capacity for improving health outcomes.
What Change Community Requires
Community-based strategies and interventions are crucial ways in which to strengthen the health systems. Plus, these tactics also expand the delivery of important health care. Actually, community-based prevention does not focus on changing individual characteristic but its emphasis on population health.
For effective health promotion and health augmenting social change, communities require to recognize, plan, channel resources and take action. Actually, the effective tactics engage the communities they are intended to serve.
According to Steven Cavellier, it is not a new concept that community is the solution to its own difficulties. There is a substantial support for scheming civic based interferences for improving the health behavior and overall health status of community members.
The minority populations face fitness disparity and high rate of chronic diseases, especially those who are poor and lack access to civic resources. Hence, community-based interventions are crucial to prevent them. Hence, the US office of disease prevention is striving to:
– Upsurge public awareness and understanding of the determinants of health, disabilities, illnesses, and chances to progress.
– Classify research, evaluation and data collection needs.
– Recognize nationwide health improvement urgencies according to Steven Cavellier.
– Endow the objectives that are pertinent at the national, state and local levels.
Here, is how Healthy Community People 2020 Toolkit Identify and Engaging Community Partners” answer to Question – How Do you Define meaningful citizen participation?
– Emboldens and enables broad community involvement.
– Citizen-driven from the community up, not top down.
– Stable representation in the membership process.
– Consensus oriented verdict making the compromise.
– Involvement in all levels of activity including creating a vision, planning, deciding, prioritizing and evaluation.
It is a time-consuming process to build strong relationships with community partners. Furthermore, this requires practice set of skills to in order to facilitate a meeting to let meaningful contribution outlined above recommends Steven Cavellier. The community health consultants are valuable and they require experience in following tasks:
– Creating fitness education and advertising programs such as community presentations, workshops etc.
– Building work relationship with agencies and organizations involved in public health.
– Conducting media campaigns, creating program-related websites and writing a press release.
– Writing as well as editing health education materials like visual aids, bulletins, and reports in order to discourse public fitness concerns.
Steven Cavellier helps nonprofits in realizing their full potential and getting success. The professional has specialization in health education.