Eating the right food in the right amount is very crucial in your pregnancy days. A well-balanced diet throughout your pregnancy is not only healthy for you but also for your child. The meal should be well proportioned in all the elements like carbohydrate, protein, fat, minerals and vitamins, and water also. And consuming all these components in a healthy amount is the utmost requirement these days. While would-be mothers eat a lot of foods these days because of pregnancy hunger, keep in mind that you should consume a fair amount of fibre rich foods to avoid digestive problems. As you are not only eating for yourself but to meet all the growth and development requirements of your baby.
In the early days of pregnancy, some women face the loss of appetite and nausea & vomiting immediately after getting up from the bed in the morning which is called morning sickness. So, in those days you should take care of yourself especially in the matter of food. You should eat foods which are tasty as well as healthy so that your appetite gets fulfilled and you can maintain a healthy lifestyle.
What is a healthy diet for a pregnant mother?
A healthy diet has all of the nutrients required for the pregnant mother to keep up with pregnancy and to support the growth of the baby. you can take doctor antenatal care service. A pregnant mother should eat all the foods that are rich in all nutrients and in an adequate amount. It is advised to get all the nutrients from food sources while you can take folic acid supplements and vitamins in the form of medicines.
- Healthy meals in the form of carbohydrate – carbohydrates mostly in the form of starch like bread potatoes, cereals, rice, pasta, maize, millets, oats, yams, noodles, and corn meals are a high source of energy which is very essential for pregnant women and growth of the baby.
- Veggies and fruits – Eating lots of veggies and fruits are immensely helpful for pregnant women as it consists of lots of fibre that not only helps in digestion but also in bowel movement. Other than this, fruits have lots of healthy nutrients and beneficial sugars which further helps in improving the health of the mother and baby.
- Proteins – you should eat more proteins like meat, fish, eggs, poultry, nuts, pulses, beans, and other sources of proteins if you are pregnant as it is a very essential component for the growth of your baby.
- Dairy products – regular intake of dairy products like milk, cheese, butter, ghee, paneer, dahi, and other dairy products are very much helpful for boosting your motherly hormones and nutrition of the baby.
- Fats, Oils, and jaggeries – try to control your intake of fats, oil, sugar, and salt intake as it may increase the risk of hypertension, cholesterol, and high blood sugar.
What you should not take as food while you are pregnant?
There are some big no no’s while consuming food in pregnancy. There are some fish that contain high mercury with them and that is very harmful for babies. It is recommended that you should avoid eating fishes which are high in mercury. Fishes that are low in mercury like shrimp, salmon, sardines, catfish, canned light tuna, Albacore (white) tuna can be eaten within pregnancy.
Some measures to follow
Washing veggies, meat, fish or any other food items before cooking or consuming is advisable. Washing utensils, cleaning surfaces and other hygienic techniques you should follow to avoid the chance of infection.
Diseases of the digestive system that may arise
- Nausea & vomiting
- Excessive salivation
Lifestyle changes you should follow
- Not consuming alcohol
- Not smoking
- No late nights
- No street foods
- No stress